Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: hope! "My Reply" ;)

I thank you for your reply and the email addresses to which i will certainly write to. This chat forum is wonderful wherein devotees of Sri ramakrishna and the Holy mather can discuss things. thank you again.

sincerely ,

bluto.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Bluto,

I was testing a new web browser last night and did not notice that my name was not on the message I sent. Usually it appears automatically!

To continue my thoughts. There is also an American nun you can email. She answers questions from devotees and is with the Vedanta Society of Southern California, at the Sarada Convent in Santa Barbara, California.

Pravrajika Deviprana deviprana@vedanta.org

May Thakur also Bless you,

Replying to:

Dear Bluto,

No doubt you are facing the questions which each person encounters when they are considering monastic life. Not simply when considering, but while living monastic life. As a Swami said recently, such a life is a commitment to spiritual practice and personal growth. There is no sudden transformation, only a commitment try. For this reason, even one who is admitted into a monastery is accepted first on a trial basis, to give the aspirant a chance to try monastic community life.

I am not a formal monastic, nor do I know the requirements. But thanks to the Internet, you can correspond with monastics from the Ramakrisha tradition. You might like to visit the web site for Sri Sarada Math, Mother's monastic order in India. The site is http://www.srisaradamath.org . From that site you might send an email and express your desires and concerns.

May Mother shower blessings upon her daughter.

Replying to:

I am a young girl, i am at that stage in life where i have to take certain decisions, of marriage/job, i am so confused, i have none of the purity to ever become a nun, yet it is the only thing i dream of , the only thought that gives me joy. But i fear , what if i am unable to take the hardhsips of monastic life, worse what if my mind hankers after worldly things . I do not want to be a false monastic !

what should i do, i have all the lust, greed , worldly desires in the world, an yet i hope, . There is no doubt that i love Sri Ramakrishna, that is why i hope , for his grace.

Re: Re: Re: hope! "My Reply" ;)

A few comments

1. Listen to all but most importantly, pray and in the silence of your heart during prayer you will find your answer

2. Read the book "Meditation and Spiritual Life" by Swami Yatishwarananda. Tough book but you will find if you have what is needed for a monastic life

3. Irrespective of whether you embrace a monastic life or not know that you are always a child of the Mother and She loves and accepts you always

Re: Re: Re: Re: hope! "My Reply" ;)

Dear Anon,

i thank you for your comments, they were very inspiring. Thank you again.

Replying to:

A few comments

1. Listen to all but most importantly, pray and in the silence of your heart during prayer you will find your answer

2. Read the book "Meditation and Spiritual Life" by Swami Yatishwarananda. Tough book but you will find if you have what is needed for a monastic life

3. Irrespective of whether you embrace a monastic life or not know that you are always a child of the Mother and She loves and accepts you always