Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Remembering

Remember you are a child of Mother

Jayanti, thanks for sharing and reminding us about this truth. These are some of my thoughts about this sentence.

"Remember" We often tend to forget and there are multiple reasons for forgetting. We are so engrossed and entangled in our own webs of Maya that the truth often is hidden from us. More correctly we are not perceptive enough to see the truth or perceive it. If we are always aware of who we really are then we are slowly but surely clearing the web of Maya.

"You" This is perhaps what touches me the most. The fact is not about someone else but me. It specifically is about me. As people we see the world through our own "colored glasses". Whatever the prejudices we have and whatever we think is right or wrong we continue to have an eternal relationship with the Mother. I would like to stress on these words. The all accepting nature of the Mother is such that with our imperfections She accepts us as Her children. We play in the world, fall and stumble, yet She IS there to help up every step of the way. This help is personally directed to us. It is me Paritosh with my faults who has a relationship with the Mother.

"Child" Trust, faith and dependence to the Mother are some of the characteristics of a child. If we develop these feelings of total surrender to the Mother then each of us become a Girish Ghosh who has given the "power of attorney" to the Mother. When there is total surrender then we cannot take a wrong step, since every step will be taken with the Mother in mind. Even if we perceive it to be a mistake, we should all be aware that the Mother is taking care of us and hence we will be fine.

"Mother" All of us here in the courtyard have a personal experiences and relationship with the Mother. All those moments of silent communication when we felt no one else was listening to the inner cries of our heart. Those quiet moments, those special times when we felt Mother was with us. Each one of us has felt it. Remember and recollect all those experiences.

Mother bless us that we may understand the true meaning of the words "Remember you are a child of Mother"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A brother sent me an email message I wish to pass on to each of us:

"Remember you are a child of Mother."

May we always remember this Truth.

Re: Re: Remembering

This is beautiful, Paritosh.

Mother is here, in Her courtyard.

Replying to:

Jayanti, thanks for sharing and reminding us about this truth. These are some of my thoughts about this sentence.

"Remember" We often tend to forget and there are multiple reasons for forgetting. We are so engrossed and entangled in our own webs of Maya that the truth often is hidden from us. More correctly we are not perceptive enough to see the truth or perceive it. If we are always aware of who we really are then we are slowly but surely clearing the web of Maya.

"You" This is perhaps what touches me the most. The fact is not about someone else but me. It specifically is about me. As people we see the world through our own "colored glasses". Whatever the prejudices we have and whatever we think is right or wrong we continue to have an eternal relationship with the Mother. I would like to stress on these words. The all accepting nature of the Mother is such that with our imperfections She accepts us as Her children. We play in the world, fall and stumble, yet She IS there to help up every step of the way. This help is personally directed to us. It is me Paritosh with my faults who has a relationship with the Mother.

"Child" Trust, faith and dependence to the Mother are some of the characteristics of a child. If we develop these feelings of total surrender to the Mother then each of us become a Girish Ghosh who has given the "power of attorney" to the Mother. When there is total surrender then we cannot take a wrong step, since every step will be taken with the Mother in mind. Even if we perceive it to be a mistake, we should all be aware that the Mother is taking care of us and hence we will be fine.

"Mother" All of us here in the courtyard have a personal experiences and relationship with the Mother. All those moments of silent communication when we felt no one else was listening to the inner cries of our heart. Those quiet moments, those special times when we felt Mother was with us. Each one of us has felt it. Remember and recollect all those experiences.

Mother bless us that we may understand the true meaning of the words "Remember you are a child of Mother"

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Remembering

Jayanti

yesterday I was reading "Remember you are a child of Mother" several questions came in my mind so this morning I opened the courtyard page and you answered my questions. I do believe when you sincerely ask Mother questions, you do get the answers

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Remembering

welcome to Mother's Courtyard.....though it seems you have been with us for sometime. It is always nice to hear from another of Mother's children.

Replying to:

Jayanti

yesterday I was reading "Remember you are a child of Mother" several questions came in my mind so this morning I opened the courtyard page and you answered my questions. I do believe when you sincerely ask Mother questions, you do get the answers

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to: