Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: No Subject

That we often do NOT think to 'run to Mother' is often our condition, as we become caught up in the thows of live. I would be dishonest to myself if I did not admit this..such is my condition as an aspirant....wanting more, yet still caught up in the illusion that I am myself, living this life and separate from Her.

And yet, there are times when I do run to Mother -- and times when stand before her in silence in order to hear Her reply is more needful than going on in my own chatter.

As brothers and sisters we can often encourage each other with words an dd shared experiences. But let us also recognize that silence is also part of the process, and that if a chilldd does not speak, it does not necessarily mean (though it may) that the child is not with Mother in silience.

Dear Mother, may the silences which befall the Courtyard be Holy silences, and may the struggles which your children meet bring each of us closer to you.

May we, ever tied to you by love, be as the train passenger who, in sleep, is unawre that he is travelling and on waking is surprised to find how far he has come. You are our train, Mother, and although we may be in forgetful sleep, we rest in you. Help us to move ever closer, until the day that we might awake and rejoice in our nearness to you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A wonderful synthesis of both thoughts Jayanti, yet when we are overwhelemed, shouldn't we rush to Mother, ask Her for strenght and then carry on trying to fight with the innumerable battles that are so much part of our lives?

But Mother IS HERE with each one of us and Her presence is tangible here in the courtyard. Apart from that we are Mother's children our relationship with Her is eternal and by the same process we are brothers and sisters and can be of support to each other.

Mother is with each and everyone of us, I am definite about it. May we all feel Her presence and grace here in the courtyard and also in our daily lives is my prayer to Her.

Replying to:

If I may... I read a different message from Anthony. What I read is that we feel overwhelmed by life and unable to speak in the courtytard. that overwhelming aspect is from Mother, Mother acting in our lives. Growth often comes from struggle and from silence.

And yet, Paritosh is also touching a truth. We are also prone to rationalize our action and and inaction.

I think it is up to each of us to look into our own hearts to discover which motivation is at work in us.

Replying to:

Anthony, I have thought about your thoughts regarding the Courtyard and its postings. While in the grand scheme of things everything in this world occurs as the Mother's will but let us not blame our inactivity and disinterest as Mother's will. Only when realization occurs can I say "I do as Mother wants me to do" I am a very very long way from that goal.

Replying to:

Basically, yes, speaking personally. A near divorce, problems at work, and as Jayanti, a move (although still in Japan) have kept the mind on a low level. Mother ! Paritosh, i would like to suggest to you that, important though the Courtyard is, if Mother wishes Her children to be unable to post here, it is all for our benefit.

Am stating the obvious here - but all is well. All is well.