Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mother!!!

Gary,
I could not think of anything to say. Jayanti has said everything so very well.
But I would like to tell you this. You are not alone. Just remember that Mother is your very grounding. Learn to rely on her. I can say this to you now, but someday I may need you to say it to me.

Trust in Mother with all your heart. She will direct you.

Rosemary

Re: Re: Mother!!!

Once when I was thinking deep of Mother and The Master, feeling silent and good---A voice came to me and said,
"You are as strong as you need to be-To do anything you have to do"...I opened my eyes and was really sort of surprised...I thought of Swamiji at once and could not close my eyes again...I just thought of what a wonderful thing had come to my mind...Why Oh, why do I ever forget this?? How can one have such a close, beautiful message in the mind...and then forget it and go back on the road of weakness? The only good that i can think coming from weakness is how much closer it seems to bring me to Mother...is there any sense in this at all? Swamiji--Ramakrishna-Mother..what a wondrous and great thing we have...
I am leaving for Texas tomorrow and sing for the Friend who left us...i will chant Mother's Divine Name and be thinking of you all..thanks for the great words.

Re: Re: Re: Mother!!!

The only good that i can think coming from weakness is how much closer it seems to bring me to Mother...is there any sense in this at all? Swamiji--Ramakrishna-Mother..what a wondrous and great thing we have... gary wrote.

Quite late for me to reply to his message. But the selection above struck a chord. Yes, weakness does bring me closer to mother, when worn out and really fatigued by the struggle, 'mother' escapes from the lips and she gives strength to fight on. You know. Just after my troubles became pronounced ten years ago, I heard a voice inside me "Ankur, God has given you everything." My character, health et al has been destroyed since then but now I can say mother, I love you at times and also not that i loved you, but that you loved me.
Love.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Once when I was thinking deep of Mother and The Master, feeling silent and good---A voice came to me and said,
"You are as strong as you need to be-To do anything you have to do"...I opened my eyes and was really sort of surprised...I thought of Swamiji at once and could not close my eyes again...I just thought of what a wonderful thing had come to my mind...Why Oh, why do I ever forget this?? How can one have such a close, beautiful message in the mind...and then forget it and go back on the road of weakness? The only good that i can think coming from weakness is how much closer it seems to bring me to Mother...is there any sense in this at all? Swamiji--Ramakrishna-Mother..what a wondrous and great thing we have...
I am leaving for Texas tomorrow and sing for the Friend who left us...i will chant Mother's Divine Name and be thinking of you all..thanks for the great words.