Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: advice needed

Thank you so much for your response, i have read your statements over and over again.

Thank you Rosemary, your wonderful words made me very happy especially that you would be thinking of me . Isnt it amazing that all of us here think and pray for each other even though none of us know each other. This is indeed the Holy Mothers power.

Thank you Jayanti, your words brought home in a few paragraphs the essence of what our scriptures say in relation to this particular situation. i keep reading your paragraphs again and again. thank you

And thank you Nahabat W A ;- i intend to do what you have suggested.

I am agreeing to my mothers demand, my uncle can have this money for his house, however my only condition is that this money should revert back to me atleast after his death. i am charging no interest nor am i asking for the appreciation that this property may have over the next 5/10/15 years. all i want is that this amount should come back to me.

however legally there is not much that can be done, not an air tight agreement in any case. since i live India, this being a civil case, it will stretch anywhere from 10 to 20 years.

However what i do intend to do is to make my uncle swear solemnly before the Lord that what he has taken from me he must return to me.

Thank you again, this is the best i can think of as of now, I believe the Mother is guiding me as always.

Thank you mother.

Re: Re: Re: advice needed

Mother is indeed gracious, helping her make a decision that is right for him.

Re: Re: Re: advice needed

Dear Anon,

You mentioned, in your initial posting: "My mothers brother a very unscrupulous man, who is by no means poor."

Now, you are saying: "However what i do intend to do is to make my uncle swear solemnly before the Lord that what he has taken from me he must return to me."

Comment: There appears to be a conflict between the two above statements.

The solemn oaths of a man, who is 'known to be very unscrupulous', cannot be taken seriously.

I still stick by my original suggestion, that you seek professional legal advice. Perhaps it may be arranged that you could share legal ownership of the proposed property?

Love and Best Wishes,

Nahabat Web Admin

Re: advice needed

I am glad you have come to a decision. I hope that you have a feeling of peace that will rest with you.

In America, we have a very stringent law that protects the property owner called Life Estate.
The day you made your post, a situation came up in my office where a woman came for help with the will of property of her parents home. The second wife of her father had a Life Estate which meant she could live there till she died. Evidently, the step mother passed away earlier this year, without her family notifying the real property owner, as the property was to revert to her upon the step mother's death. The family of the step mother are still living in the house. They will probably have to be legally evicted.

I was glad to learn that the womans' father was very clear in the will, about how the property was to be handled. I feel strongly that her father did right by her and told her so.