Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"the hopes and fears of all the years"

Namaste,

The subject line is from a Christmas Carol of the Christian community that states..."The Hopes and Fears of all the years are met in thee tonight"

We are blessed to be able to meet here and feel the presence of our Mother working in and through us all.

Om Shanti Om

Re: "the hopes and fears of all the years"

Amen, Rosemary...

As I was with my mother and sister this past weekend I could not help pondering the nearness of Mother's birthday to the birth of Jesus ... just the fact that they have become so closely associated, it does not matter whether the dates are "accurate". Does God care about our concern for history? Is the Divine limited by our narrow understanding?

From my thoughts arose this prayer:

May the convergence of Light from these Holy Births bring Hope and Renewal to a weary world in need.

Re: Re: "the hopes and fears of all the years"

RE: "....it does not matter whether the dates are "accurate". Does God care about our concern for history? Is the Divine limited by our narrow understanding?"

Comment:

We have perception of time, going from yesterday to today to tomorrow, but perception is not reality. As a matter of fact it is just the opposite, it is simply our perception. We are here, this time, this place, however, God doesn't wear a watch or read a map....

But all this does not prevent me from wishing everyone, a happy, healthy and prosperous 2006!

Om Shanthi Om

Nahabat Web Admin

Happy Kalpatru Day

Happy New Year and Happy Kalpatru day. Kalpatru is the mystical wish fulfilling tree. At the end of his earthly existence Sri Ramakrishna blessed the devotees and they had visions of their chosen diety.

On this day, I pray that each one of us may progress in our spiritual journey and may we perceive the presence of the Mother within us.

Re: "the hopes and fears of all the years"

.....Amen....