Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Evaluating the Devil's Domain

Dear Sister Rosemary,

I do appreciate your point of view in these matters;
but, as the Stones song goes: "....You can't always get..."

Anyway, I think you mentioned, that you don't have a sound
card on your computer. If you do decide to install one,
there os a nice Arati Wav file, recorded at Belur Math,
available HERE:
members.rediff.com/srirk/images/arati.wav
Compliments of Shivaji Mitra
Visit his lovely site dedicated to Sri Ramakrishna HERE:
members.rediff.com/srirk

Re: Re: Re: Evaluating the Devil's Domain

Followed the discussion with interest. Some thoughts. 1. On Holy Mother's birth tithi in December, 1995, went with Sri Fhanindra to Ramakrishna Temple. There I met other friends. Noticed after a while Sri Fhanindra talking with a beggar women. Curious, went nearer. The lady was spouting the highest philosophy quoting Rabindranath Tagore among others. She said among other things that heaven and hell are here itself, my child. There is no joy (I would say real or lasting joy) in worldy enjoyments. If I am born again, I would prefer to be a Sannyasini, and other things. Sri Fhanindra touched her feet in parting. I sought to emulate him but she did not allow me. Anyway I bowed and felt a presence which has lingered in my memory. 2. Another lady once told me, to have an excessive ego, or unripe ego is to experience the travails of rowrowwai naraka, perhaps among the lowest of hells, 3. I cried to Mother to take me up in Her lap. Sri Fhanindra discerning my thoughts frowned. He explained afterwards. Suppose Mother does take you in Her lap but you then again have a desire for worldly enjoyments. What a tragedy that will be. So better to finish the experiences. And what has developed gradually will also disappear gradually, the diseased ego. Then you can repair for ever to Ma's lap. 4. Sri Fhanindra, a saint in my personal estimation lives till present in a small rented room, with a small kitchen. In the kitchen itself he has installed Devi Durga, his chosen ideal. And the shrine has become living through his tapasya and daily meditation. His worship is a worship of love, very little rituals. And on the small table he has He has put the Holy Trinity, Holy Mother, Ramakrishna and Swami ji. I felt that they are more happy there than even in my larger exclusive shrine room. Regards.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Sister Rosemary,

I do appreciate your point of view in these matters;
but, as the Stones song goes: "....You can't always get..."

Anyway, I think you mentioned, that you don't have a sound
card on your computer. If you do decide to install one,
there os a nice Arati Wav file, recorded at Belur Math,
available HERE:
members.rediff.com/srirk/images/arati.wav
Compliments of Shivaji Mitra
Visit his lovely site dedicated to Sri Ramakrishna HERE: