Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Living in the Awareness of God

Namaste Brother Paritosh,
So good to hear from you. and yes...I think you have hit it. Thanks...
Also,Would what I am talking about be the same as the Siva/Shakti principles...?

Re: Re: Living in the Awareness of God

Surrender itself is the most intense prayer, Says Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi. Sri Fhanindra tells me that saints like Swami Ranganathananda or Swami Bhuteshananda who were possessed by the Holy Spirit in the form of Mother Kali due to their surrender to HER, get no respite in life till death of the physical body. Mother gets Her work done through Her. I got this thought of no respite about Swami Ranganathananda, his intense karma. Then Sri Fhanindra explained. Such sattvika souls then return to Mother's lap, once Her work is done. So there is no passivity in surrender. Read about Girish Chandra Ghosh. One another saint we both had long association with was Swami Ijyananda, who was a disciple of Swami Vijnanananda- Ramakrishna's disciple. The power of the Holy Spirit that worked through Him was of Shiva, said Sri Fhanindra. Once He himself said to me, we are mrityunjayas, we have conquered death and another time I had the feeling he was a being from another realm.
Regards.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Namaste Brother Paritosh,
So good to hear from you. and yes...I think you have hit it. Thanks...
Also,Would what I am talking about be the same as the Siva/Shakti principles...?