Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Power of Faith

The Buddha once told this story about faith: A herd of cows arrives at the bank of a wide stream. The mature ones see the stream and simply wade across it. The Buddha likened them to fully enlightened beings who have crossed the stream of ignorance and suffering. The younger cows, less mature in their wisdom, stumble apprehensively around the shore, but eventually they go forward and cross the stream. Last come the calves, trembling with fear, some just learning how to stand. But these vulnerable, tender calves also get to the other side, the Buddha said. They cross the stream simply by following the lowing of their mothers' voices. The calves trust their mothers, and anticipating the safety of reunion, follow their voices and cross the stream. That, the Buddha said, is the power of faith.

Source: Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experience, by Sharon Salzberg

Re: The Power of Faith

Very beautiful story!

Re: Re: The Power of Faith

...oh, how wondweful--the voice of Mother...calling us to her.
tomorrow we are cellebrating Sri Ramakrishna's birthday here in San Francisco...I am thankful to Him for this sight..and all of you my sisters and brothers...Mother--we love you.

Re: Re: Re: The Power of Faith

Touching story. Believe in Me, Trust in Me, the Divine Mother will do everything for you, Said Sri Ramakrishna if I remember correctly. The faith coming from inside works wonders. Sri Fhanindra says that which springs from inside is far superior and spreads its incense far and wide, than what is received from outside. Regards.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

...oh, how wondweful--the voice of Mother...calling us to her.
tomorrow we are cellebrating Sri Ramakrishna's birthday here in San Francisco...I am thankful to Him for this sight..and all of you my sisters and brothers...Mother--we love you.