Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Parable of the Oxen

That means that those who have not given up the pleasures of the flesh cannot rise spiritually? But surely if they pray to God daily they will not remain stuck at the same level.

Alas! it is not the lot of all to be celibate in thought and deed...... where do we possess so much self control.....

but does that mean that we are stuck in the same place, shall we not evolve even if we pray sincerely ?

Re: Re: The Parable of the Oxen

Certainly we will is my belief. When the storm of passion is sent by God to educate us, then all theories, all books fail. Only God, HIS children (for me Sri Fhanindra) and our own resources help, if at all. Perhaps He is teaching us to rely on Him and not on us. Once Bhagavan Ramakrishna thought He was free from lust. Immediately, such an onslaught of feeling of lust came, that He rolled on the ground and cried to the Divine Mother,"Mother, I will never again think so." And He was freed from lust for ever. perhaps He intended to teach us that way. A little fear brings victory, my child, the Holy Mother said. We should never say anything with dogged forceful confidence,says Sri Fhanindra.
Regards.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

That means that those who have not given up the pleasures of the flesh cannot rise spiritually? But surely if they pray to God daily they will not remain stuck at the same level.

Alas! it is not the lot of all to be celibate in thought and deed...... where do we possess so much self control.....

but does that mean that we are stuck in the same place, shall we not evolve even if we pray sincerely ?