Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The 'Sri Sarada Devi Chat Room'

Hi Sister Jayanti,

I think that it is a great addition to your website.

I have been running chatrooms for about eight years,
on various topics, and it is easy to become discouraged, when the administrator enters the room, on numerous occasions, to find oneself alone.

But, never mind, there are occasions, which we do not know about, when the chatroom is indeed frequented; and therein lies its ultimate usefulness.

I wouldn't worry about the ads. Your disclaimer near the top of this page could say: "We apologise for the inconvenience of the banners, pop-ups and other annoyances, but this is an ad-supported resource."

I have been several times to your chatroom, have logged in and posted a message. Everything works fine.

The Nahabat Minichat also works OK every time I visit [which is often]. I cannot imagine what problem you and Anon are having. Would it be possible to more specific?

If you wish, you could offer a link to the Nahabat Minichat, directly under the Bravenet Chat Button, saying: "If you don't find anyone in our chatroom, try the Nahabat Minichat."

To avoid the pop-up window, use the following URL for linking purposes:
http://www.chat-one.com/miniChat/miniChatRH.asp?UID=43861&AC=TXLJUC

Re: Re: Re: The 'Sri Sarada Devi Chat Room'

Hey, that's cool. Felt a bit strange, just sitting there, as it were, surrounded by grey. But it's nice!
Well done Jayanthi/NWA !
Not that it is really important, but Jayanthi, are you actually a sister ? Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I thought you were in a male body..

Re: Re: Re: Re: The 'Sri Sarada Devi Chat Room'

I am indeed a "she". :)

Your surprise takes me back, smiling, to the early days of internet. Swami Atmarupananda and I were hosting a forum on GEnie. It was quite lively. One day Swami referred to me as "she". One poster appeared so 'upset' to learn that that the other posters took him to task for being "prejudiced". He was not really. Just surprised. I emailed him privately and told him not to worry. I was not at all offended, as he was immediately sorry for his "outburst". I was enjoying the play in quiet amusement, I assured him. As I had been born disabld by cerebral palsy "way back when", it was the first time I had experienced "gender discrimination" because my disability had become "invisible."

Thank you for that memory, Anthony.

Tom, you are right, the internet has come along way. I'll work on your suggestions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The 'Sri Sarada Devi Chat Room'

Anthony, I must say that it never crossed my mind that Sister Jayanti could be anything but a 'she', especially after first seeing the 'delicate feminine touch', in the choice of design, for her long-standing website, way back in the early days of the Internet. Although, I have, in other cases, made the same erroneous assumptions before...:)

Anyway, we have added the following message at the top of our Holy Mother Pages:

PLEASE VISIT THE HOLY MOTHER CHATROOMS
Click HERE to participate in the NAHABAT CHAT ROOM

Click HERE to participate in the SRI SARADA DEVI CHAT ROOM

The above mentioned text and links are featured on the following URLS:

srisarada.tux.nu
holymother.tux.nu

Cheers,

Nahabat Web Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The 'Sri Sarada Devi Chat Room'

Well thanks for clearing that one up ! Funny how the mind gets an idea and believes it..Ofcourse I should have realised that you would have cleared it up yourself in any case.
And yes, NWA, now you mention the feminine touch, which is as it should be, ofcourse!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The 'Sri Sarada Devi Chat Room'

somehow i cannoy get into the holy mothers chatroom, but i managed getting into the nahabat minichat...

btw when does everyone else come, maybe we can try coinciding our chat timings