Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

Namaste Devidas ji,

What an interesting occupation! I imagine that
within the Washington, DC area, there is no
shortage of positions for librarians, such as
your good self; when one considers that this
is the location of the Wonderful United States
Library of Congress
and the Smithsonian Institution etc.

But then again, you mentioned that you are
obliged to move far away from the Capitol,
where perhaps such opportunities for employment
are scarce.

You wrote: "The last couple weeks have been
stressful and difficult as regards the job search."

A prayer to St. Jude, the patron saint of hopeless
and desperate cases usually works:

Most holy Apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered the beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases, of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable, make use, I implore you, of this particular privilege accorded to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect forever. I promise you, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.
Amen.

Good luck to you,

Nahabat Web Admin

Re: Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

Respected Web Admin,
sorry for intruding. But the prayer you quoted was beautiful One of my cousins, a very talented, quiet and gentle young boy, is unfortunately facing a crisis in his recent marriage. They seem to be heading for divorce. Without knowing the facts, difficult to know what lead to it. Both seemed so ideal for each other. Anyway, I sent him your prayer.
Divorce was previously almost unheard of here, now case are rapidly increasing. I hope they come to some understanding.
Regards.
ps. Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother, how nice! The title speaks all. A sadhu once told me here that Swami Vivekananda used to tell that, "Even if you go to hell, I will follow you and bring you back." The Holy Mother and Ramana Maharshi have expressed similar sentiments. What hope they hold. If only we can keep trying, "many a mickle makes a pickle", God will surely help us. Good wishes to Devidas ji.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Namaste Devidas ji,

What an interesting occupation! I imagine that
within the Washington, DC area, there is no
shortage of positions for librarians, such as
your good self; when one considers that this
is the location of the Wonderful United States
Library of Congress
and the Smithsonian Institution etc.

But then again, you mentioned that you are
obliged to move far away from the Capitol,
where perhaps such opportunities for employment
are scarce.

You wrote: "The last couple weeks have been
stressful and difficult as regards the job search."

A prayer to St. Jude, the patron saint of hopeless
and desperate cases usually works:

Most holy Apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered the beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases, of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable, make use, I implore you, of this particular privilege accorded to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (here make your request), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect forever. I promise you, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.
Amen.

Good luck to you,

Nahabat Web Admin

Re: Re: Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

Dear Ankur ji,

You wrote: "Divorce was previously almost unheard of here, now case are rapidly increasing"

Comment: I guess that the rapidly emerging middle class, resulting from
the expanding Indian economy, brings also some negative ramifications,
along with the obvious positive aspects.

I hope that your young cousin will overcome his marriage difficulties,
and that the famous prayer to St. Jude proves efficacious.

I know that, on one particular occasion, when disaster loomed over my
head, St. Jude came to my rescue, after I had prayed to him.

I have also often taken solace in Holy Mother's words:

The very best wishes,

Nahabat Web Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

Respected web admin,
thank you. And thank you again for reminding me of Ma's beautiful quote.
Regards,
Ankur

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Ankur ji,

You wrote: "Divorce was previously almost unheard of here, now case are rapidly increasing"

Comment: I guess that the rapidly emerging middle class, resulting from
the expanding Indian economy, brings also some negative ramifications,
along with the obvious positive aspects.

I hope that your young cousin will overcome his marriage difficulties,
and that the famous prayer to St. Jude proves efficacious.

I know that, on one particular occasion, when disaster loomed over my
head, St. Jude came to my rescue, after I had prayed to him.

I have also often taken solace in Holy Mother's words:

The very best wishes,

Nahabat Web Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

I myself tried the prayer yesterday. For a few seconds the spiritual wind surrounded me. My general tendency being hopelessness, will try reading it again. If not now, when the winds of karma blow favourably and the ocean of mercy glances at me, perhaps my wish will be fulfilled.
Thank you.

Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

Welcome Devidas!

Although we have been at opposite edges of the coutry we are gurubai! Swami Swahananda initiated me also. My initiation anniversary is today. And Swami Atmajnanananda is a very dear friend and brother to me. Did we perhaps meet when I visited the DC about three years ago?

Do return often to Mother's Courtyard.

And Tom ( nahabat admin), thank you for posting the beautiful prayer of St. Jude.

Re: Re: Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother

Devidas:

How far can a son go away from the Mother? Not even a step can be taken without the Mother holding you. Whether you feel her present or not She is with you always.

It is difficult to find time to go to a Temple or a Vedanta Center but we can make the best of what we have. Come here to the courtyard or in your own home make a small place for Sri Ramakrishna and Mother and pour it all at Their feet. Why take any responsibility give it to them and see the results. it doesnt mean you do nothing but know whatever you do ultimately the Mother will take care of you.

Have faith, in yourself and all will be well.

Once again welcome home