Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The City of Brahman

Respected web admin, thank you very much indeed for the quotes and also for the quotes in the addenda to your post. Also please accept my heartfelt thanks for thinking so kindly of me and for your words of encouragement. The key lies in Sri Ramakrishna's hands. So many good wishes from so many different people I have had in life, they are all stored I feel with Sri Ramakrishna and when my soul has been cleansed of all blemishes through His gentle discipline, then the floodwaters of Grace will be opened and overflow. Let His will be done. I know not my past record in time, what grave remisses may have been committed by me, I know of some that I have committed in this life. He knows best what is good.
Thank you.
Regards.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Ankur ji,

You wrote: "Yes, the Lord when He takes on an embodied form does suffer like us in order to teach us how to pray to Him and get release from suffering."

Comment: As a matter of fact, the Holy Mother also suffered much for us, as is made apparent in this excellent quote from "In The Company of The Holy Mother":

"When a householder disciple complained to Holy Mother about her seemingly inordinate attachment to her niece, she made the significant remark, "Everyone says that I am terribly attached to Radhu, but without this attachment I could not have kept my body alive after the Master's death.

"Thus it is the Master himself who has made me cling to Radhu - just to preserve ny body. When my mind becomes indifferent to her I shall leave this world."

Additional Comment: So, the suffering, which resulted from her attachment to Radhu, kept Mother's mind from soaring to the higher planes. We must remember, that the Master taught her very well 'how to meditate' and achieve samadhi.

As Sri Ramakrishna said: "He is within us, in our hearts.
Again, He is outside. The most advanced devotees say that
He Himself has become all this - the twenty-four cosmic
principles, the universe. and all living beings.
*The devotee of God wants to eat sugar, not to become sugar. "

The jnani says: "Soham Siva"
*The Bhakta says: "Hare Krishna Hare Ram"
...and the Shakta says: "Jai Ma!"

I really enjoyed reading about your experience
with near disaster in the mighty Brahmaputra.
I am sure that, the thought must have crossed your mind at the time: "God must have a big plan for me"
And so He has. I am sure that every visitor to Mother's Courtyard appreciates and honours your excellent contributions. Very useful dialogue,
I must say.
======================================

Om Shanthi Om