Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Story Time: The Hut on Fire

Hi Rosemary, Tony, and Ankur
Good to hear from you. I love stories. They are a tool in my spiritual tool-box. It's a joy to share them with my spiritual sisters and brothers.

Re: Re: Re: Story Time: The Hut on Fire

Respected Vriju ji,
greetings.
I really enjoy your stories. I have a blog. I have published your current story in it quoting the original source. Do you mind my doing so? If you have any objection or there are any difficulties involved, please let me know. I will delete the story from my blog.
With best regards,
Ankur
p.s. The following are two of the postings on my blog http://yearn-for-home.blogspot.com/ which I feel like sharing. My cousin Pranjal posted it.

The following is an excerpt from a translation of the Mahapurana Srimad Bhagvatam by Smt Kamala Subramaniam , and published by Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan.

Uttarayana
Yudhisthira had no peace of mind . He had conquered his enemies and he had got his kingdom back from Duryodhana . But he had no desire to rule the kingdom.He was greatly depressed. Everyone tried to comfort him but to no avail.
One day while they ( the five brothers and Shri Krishna ) were all together , all of a sudden , Krishna became lost in a reverie. Yudhisthira asked him why he had become so thoughtful all at once.
Krishna said " Bhishma , who is on the bed of arrows is thinking of me and he wants me by his side . Yudhisthira , he will soon pass away , and with him will go the entire store of wisdom which he has garnered throughout the years. I suggest that you go to him and ask him to instruct you in the art of ruling the world and the more difficult art of preparing yourself for the life to come. Uttarayana is fast approaching and you must hurry. "

Next morning all of them went to the field of Kurukshetra where the worthy patriarch was lying , waiting for his death. Tears were flowing incessantly from the eyes of Yudhisthira . .He went near his grandfather and said – “Here I am the sinner , Yudhisthira , who is the cause of your death and that of your grandsons . I donot know what special hell is waiting to receive me “.

Bhisma's eyes were wet. He said "Children I am unhappy to hear about your despondency. Ever since you were born you have been suffering. Like clouds tossed hither and thither by the wilful breeze you have been the playthings of Fate. Else how can one explain the fact that the son of Dharma with his powerful brothers to help him , could not rule his kingdom all these years? . The ways of Fate are inscrutable. We do not know them . But there is ONE WHO KNOWS. It is Krishna . He knew about it long ago. This son of Vasudeva , this Yadava whom you consider to be your cousin , your friend , your mentor , your ambassador , why, your charioteer , is none other than Narayana . Very few know the glory that is Krishna . One is sage Narada and the other is Kapila.
" And it was this Krishna who allowed all these things to happen . Can you still doubt the rightness of his actions ? He is Ishvara. He is not ridden with desires , loves and hatreds, egos and emotions like we are. And he took it upon himself to protect you and and steer you through this great war. Why did he do it ? It is because he is affected by just one thing and that is Bhakti : and you have infinite bhakti for Krishna . Look at me . I am on my death-bed and my thoughts were with Krishna . He knew it and he has come to grant me my desire. He is tied to the bhakta with the threads of bhakti "
=======

The following is from Kulapati KM Munshi’s “ The book of Bhima “ the fourth in the Krishnavatara
series. After the marriage of Draupadi to the Five Pandavas , Bhima was requesting Krishna to accompany them to Hastinapur. Krishna agreed to it.

“One more thing , Bhima “ , said Krishna . “On your way to Hastinapur , there will be thousands anxious to meet me. Tell Satyaki and Prince Mariman to go in advance and announce to the people on the way that I am coming to meet them.”

Why do you want to meet such wretched crowds of people for?” asked Bhima

“You can never understand , Bhima, what they mean to me “ said Krishna . Then a far off look came into his eyes . “ Do you know when they come to meet me , their hearts are filled with hope , and when they see me , their empty lives are filled with joy? Then I also feel that though a cowherd , I have not lived in vain”. There was a strange emotion in Krishna’s voice and the heart of Draupadi thrilled with delight , as her eyes were filled with tears of devotion.

Jaya Krishna Vaasudeva!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Rosemary, Tony, and Ankur
Good to hear from you. I love stories. They are a tool in my spiritual tool-box. It's a joy to share them with my spiritual sisters and brothers.

Re: Story Time: The Hut on Fire

RE: "God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering"

Comment:

Dear Vriju ji,

Excellent concept!

Nahabat Web Admin