Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holy Mother's Limitless Compassion

Respected web admin,
thank you very much for the post. I looked up the entries in Mother's Courtyard the other day and finding no one has written anything for some time, was thinking of writing down some message from the Holy Mother. So it is as if you have answered my thoughts! As Sri Fhanindra says, there is good in bad and bad in good. We should be able to gather carefully the good in the bad and avoid the bad in the good. Mother really knows what to give where and to whom. How much the same thing can make a difference if given to the fit person, I mean the apt receptacle. Sri Fhanindra has adviced me on this matter repeatedly, so that fruits of one's labour shared do not go in vain. The Gita has also dealt with this subject beautifully. Just a small example. I have a friend, who once went to the Airport to drop his employer, in the office car along with the driver and a senior but very poor colleague. By the time they returned it was past lunch time (Guwahati Airport is quite some distance from the city). The senior colleague, a middle-aged man was feeling very hungry. He was proposing to get some cheap food to eat. But my friend decided that he would give them a treat and though he himself was not very well-to-do, he stopped the car at a very good but expensive shop and brought several food items for them. THe elderly person and the driver ate with satisfaction and afterwards the elderly person commented to my friend, "It was good food at the right moment. If not my mouth, my stomach at least must have given you lots of blessings" The friend also felt happy.
With regards,
Ankur

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Holy Mother's Limitless Compassion,
excerpted from:
"In The Company Of The Holy Mother"
Page 176

Sarayubala Devi:

14 May, 1911:

Men and women of different parts of the country lived in the plot of land, in front of Mother's house. They earned their livelihood in various ways. One of these men had a mistress who lived with him. This woman once fell seriously ill. Mother mentioned the matter and said, "How he nursed her! I have never seen the like of it! This is what I call nursing, what I call love." She began to praise him in this way. And all this for caring for a mistress! We would doubtless have turned up our noses if we saw this. We could never pick out good qualities among the bad.

From one of those huts in front, a poor up-country woman carried her sick baby to Mother for her blessings. How full of compassion the Mother was towards her! She blessed the child, "He will get well again." She asked me to place a couple of pomegranates and a handful of grapes before the Master and bring them for the woman. When I placed the fruits in Mother's hands, she gave them to the destitute woman, saying, "Let your sick child have these."

How pleased she was! She bowed to the Mother repeatedly.

Nahabat Guestbook features Daily Readings from "In The Company Of The Holy Mother"

Re: Re: Holy Mother's Limitless Compassion

Namaste Ankur Ji,

Yes, it is very true, what you have written, concerning Mother's
inate ability of discriminating between the real and the unreal,
the good and the bad, and the many variations thereof.

In addition, Sri Fhanindra's advice on this matter is very valuable.

We may also find admonishings in the New Testament of the Christians,
advising not to cast one's pearls to swine.

Speaking about Christians, I have just read a very interesting story about
a group of Jews, in your part of India, that were converted to
Christianity by the British, and are now being allowed to immigrate
to the Republic of Israel.

This news article, in 'the Hindu', will be found @ URL:
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/002200611190322.htm

Here os a brief quote from the above:

'Lost Tribe' of Jews migrates to Israel

Guwahati, Nov. 19 (AP): Around 200 people of Jewish ancestry in India's remote northeast who claim links to a lost tribe of Israel have returned to the ``promised land'' of their forefathers.

Community leaders said on Saturday that the 218 people who migrated to Israel were part of the nearly 6,000 members of the Bnei Menashe tribe in India's Mizoram state who trace their lineage as the descendants of ancient Israelites or one of the Biblical 10 lost tribes.

Bnei Menashe members believe they are descendants of Jews who were banished from biblical Israel by the Assyrians in the 8th century B.C. and gradually worked their way eastward to India. In the 19th century, British missionaries to India converted the Bnei Menashe members, who were then animists, to Christianity.

I was aware of ancient Jewish communities on the Malabar Coast of India,
but had never heard of any such groupings, so far away in the north east of the country.

This is just another example of Old Mother India, being always full of surprises.

Om Shanthi Om

Re: Re: Re: Holy Mother's Limitless Compassion

Thank you, respected web admin. India indeed is full of surprises. This year Holy Mother's birthday falls on 11th December. Looking forward to it.
With regards,
Ankur