Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: The Master and the Missing Two Hundred Rupees

It's funny how those little moments come, where you feel like someone "up there" is hearing you.

But as we know, God is not "up there"... he is "right here", and yet those moments do come.

My understanding is that all desires must fall away EXCEPT for the desire for God.

There must be TREMENDOUS yearning for God....

That is just my understanding of what it's all about....

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Master and the Missing Two Hundred Rupees

Hi Sister Rosemary,

I agree that there must be tremendous yearning for God, if one wishes to see Him/Her.

Than again, there are types of devotees, who are quite
content to practice Karma Yoga, offering their work
up to God, without any thought of recompense.

Those devotees are inclined to follow the words of Swami Vivekananda:

""you have read - 'Look upon your mother as God; look upon your father as God.' But I say. The poor, the illiterate, the ignorant, the afflicted - let these be your God. Know that the service to these alone is the highest religion."

For the reasons mentioned above, many devotees find God, through volunteer work in their local hospitals, nursing homes, food banks etc.

Om Shanthi Om

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Master and the Missing Two Hundred Rupees

This is an interesting subject.

Night before last, I attended the local chorus' rendition of Handel's "Messiah". It was so totally awe inspiring and powerfully testimonial.

Whenever I hear the "Hallelujah Chorus", I think of Handel's words on it's completion...

"I do believe I have seen all of Heaven before me, and the great God Himself," he exclaimed.

Very powerful testimony!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Master and the Missing Two Hundred Rupees

RE: Händel

Sacred Music is said to be divinely inspired.

Sri Ramakrishna said:

"As the All-pervading Spirit He exists in all beings, even in the ant. But the manifestations of His Power are different in different beings;
otherwise, how can one person put ten to flight,
while another can't face even one?"

Om Tat Sat