Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sri Sarada Devi's ears will ache at hearing the cry of "Mother"

Greetings to the visitors in Mother's Courtyard.

Here is a wonderful quote from Mother's Book, telling about the Master's saying to Sri Sarada Devi's mother:

"...Mother, your daughter will have so many children, you will see, that her ears will ache at hearing the cry of "Mother"..."

That was, of course, the absolute truth.

All over the world, in the remotest of places, as well as in huge cities and humble towns; in the hundred and fifty-fourth year of her birth in Jayrambati; the cry of 'Mother' is still heard in prayer, on the lips of believing souls, who turn to our Holy Mother for solace in their time of need, remembering her comforting words:

"I am the mother of the wicked,
as I am the mother of the virtuous.
Whenever you are in distress,
only speak this to yourself, 'I have a mother'."

A READING from: "In The Company of The Holy Mother"
(available at all Vedanta Centres)

Page 249

Sarayubala Devi:

August, 1918:

Mother: "After the Master had gone and it was decided that I should come here - I was then at Karmarpukur - many people said, 'How can she go and live in the midst of so many young men!' I knew in my own heart that I was going to live here, yet I asked many people about their opinion, because one should pay heed to social opinion. Many others on the other hand said, 'Of course you must go, they are all your disciples.'

"I heard what everybody had to say. Later I went to an old lady (Prasannamayi) in our village, whose word is much respected because of her piety and wisdom, and she said, 'What? Certainly you must go. They are your disciples and like your sons. What is there to discuss? Of course you will go.'

"When the others heard this, many of them gave their consent. So I came. Do you know that for my sake they take care of even a cat from Jayrambati! My mother would grieve, 'I have married my Sarada to such a crazy husband that she can't enjoy ordinary married life or have children and hear them call her mother.'

"One day the Master heard her and said, 'Don't grieve over that, Mother, your daughter will have so many children, you will see, that her ears will ache at hearing the cry of "Mother".' He was quite right, whatever he said has come to pass."

As it was getting late, I took my leave soon afterwards....

(to be continued....)

Om Shanthi Om

Nahabat Guestbook