Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mother's Courtyard Restored

Greetings to my sisters and brothers.

I apologize for the ads that are now appearing here in the Courtyard. I forgot to renew the yearly subscription that removes the ad banners Hopefully these will be gone again in a week or two.

Blessings to all on Sri Ramakrishna's birthday this Febrary 19!

Re: Mother's Courtyard Restored

Dear Sister Jayanti,

Thank you for your blessings for Sri Ramakrishna's Birthday.

Does Mother mind the advertising?

Knowing that you could save perhaps sixty U.S. dollars or so, per year, I'm sure that the visitors to Mother's Courtyard do not mind the presence of advertising banners and pop-up windows. Most modern browsers have pop-up controls anyway. Just a thought :)

Om Shanthi Om

Re: Mother's Courtyard Restored

Sister Jayanti,

Just to let you know that the advert popups are still appearing. I find them intrusive since they are quite large and block almost half the screen. Of course one can live with them if there is option.

Regards

Re: Re: Mother's Courtyard Restored

Greetings to the visitors to Mother's Courtyard.

We can see that Sister Jayanti has restored the
ad-free version of this wonderful resource.

Today's posting on the Nahabat Guestbook made me think of those very ads, which some people may have thought were polluting Mother's Courtyard.

A READING from: "In The Company of The Holy Mother"
(available at all Vedanta Centres)

Page 305

Pravrajika Bharatiprana:

Udbodhan, Calcutta:

Sometimes Jogin-Ma had her doubts. The Master had renounced everything, but Mother appeared to be very worldly, always worrying about her nephews and nieces. Jogin-Ma could not understand her. While meditating beside the GangA one day, she seemed to see the Master standing before her. "Look," said he, "what is that floating on the river?" It was a dead new-born child with the cord wrapped around its body. The Master said, "Can the GangA be polluted? Or can anything contaminate it? Know her as such too. Have no doubts about her. She is one with me."

Jogin-Ma returned from the riverside and took the dust off the feet of Mother, saying, "Mother forgive me."

"Why, Jogen, what has happened?"

"I doubted you, Mother, but the Master has shown me the truth." Mother laughed a little and said, "What does that matter? Certainly you will have doubts. There will be questionings and faith will return again. That is how faith is established."

A woman devotee used to come to Mother at the 'Udbodhan'. Mother loved her very much. But as her reputation was not good, many monks did not like her presence near Mother. When Mother was told about this she said, "Many things float in the GangA; but is the GangA polluted by them?"

Re: Re: Re: Mother's Courtyard Restored

Thank you for both the kind though about saving the cost and for the thoughtful quote. Alas, I too find the banners annoying.

Hopefully no one still sees them.

Jai Ma! And her play!