Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother's confrontation with Radhu's opium habit

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

The following excerpt from: "In The Company Of The Holy Mother", describes the very great suffering that Mother endured, in order to fulfill her Divine Mission.

Om MAhAShakti Om

=======================

A READING from: "In The Company of The Holy Mother"
(available at all Vedanta Centres)

Page 361

Swami Ishanananda:

About six months ago Radhu was delivered of her child; but she cannot still stand up owing to weakness, she just crawls about. Over and above this, she has become addicted to opium. Just then Mother too was not keeping well; she was having fever now and then. She was trying to cure Radhu of this habit; Radhu always insisted on having her usual dose.

That morning Mother was dressing vegetables, when Radhu came for her opium. Mother understood and said, "How long more like this, Radhu? Why don't you stand up? I am tired of you. I am risking my whole spiritual life for your sake. Can you tell me from where to get money for all this expenditure?"

Such mild rebuke set Radhu's temper ablaze; she picked up a big brinjal from the basket in front and threw it at Mother's back with all force. As soon as it bumped on her back, I saw Mother's back cave in; and the place immediately got swollen.

Mother looked at the Master and said with folded hands, "Master, don't you be offended with her, for she is ignorant." She took the dust off her own feet in hand and placing it on Radhu's head, said, "Radhi, the Master never uttered so much as a word of admonition against this body, and you are giving it such pain! How can you understand to what order I belong? How lightly indeed you dare to think of me, simply because I live with you thus!" Radhu now began to weep.

Please visit HERE For DAILY READINGS FROM : "IN THE COMPANY OF THE HOLY MOTHER"