Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Thank You Mother

Ankur i would like to ask something regarding the story you posted?

It said 'accept yourself' - do not fight agaisnt yourself? i ask what if i have a very bad habit, then must i not try to overcome it? must i not fight against it?

Must not there be constant endeavor on our part to become better and better, and can that be possible by just fatalistically accepting our faults and being ok with them?

Re: Re: Re: Thank You Mother

Dear Anon, the endeavour has to be there till we are with body, but simultaneously the acceptance too is important. The acceptance that we are human after all, that perfection is of God only. This prevents us from becoming alienated from our own self. After all, we ourself are our best friend and worst enemies. So a little gentleness with ourself and harshness with our faults should be fine.
Thanks for replying. Trust this finds you fine.
Regards,
Ankur

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ankur i would like to ask something regarding the story you posted?

It said 'accept yourself' - do not fight agaisnt yourself? i ask what if i have a very bad habit, then must i not try to overcome it? must i not fight against it?

Must not there be constant endeavor on our part to become better and better, and can that be possible by just fatalistically accepting our faults and being ok with them?