Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Swami Ji's birthday

Namaste Ankur ji:

RE: Shirdi Sai Baba

Unfortunately, we do not have any quotes from Shirdi Sai Baba;
however, we do have sayings from the following great thinkers:

Pir-O-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan
Sri Jiddu Krishnamurti
Sri Aurobindo
Khalil Gibran
Mahatma Gandhi
George Gurdjief
Professor Dr. Einstein
Mother of Pondichery
Sri Sri Ravishankar
Osho Rajneesh
Sri Swami Vivekananda
Paramahamsa Yogananda
Sri Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsadeva

-also-

100 Sri Ramakrishna Quotes
Sorted by Topic

BHAKTI - DEVOTION - LOVE
REALIZATION OF BRAHMAN - GOD
KALI, THE DIVINE MOTHER - MAHASHAKTI
KNOWLEDGE
WORK
SIN
TRUTH
PHYSICIANS - MEDICINE
MAyA (attachment)& DaYA (compassion)

I did find a site, which offers 100 sayings of Shirdi Sai Baba here:
www.saibaba.ws/quotes/shirdi100sayings.htm

Some interesting quotes from the above-mentioned URL:
* "Whatever creature comes to you, human or otherwise, treat it with consideration."
* "God is not so far away. He is not in the heavens above, nor in hell below. He is always near you."
* "Poverty is the highest of riches and a thousand times superior to a king’s wealth."
* "All gods are one. There is no difference between a Hindu and a Muslim. Mosque and temple are the same."

Also, for those who are interested, we may also find a brief Biography of Shirdi Sai Baba here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_Baba_of_Shirdi

I especially like the following quote from the above mentioned site:
"Sai Baba said that God penetrates everything and lives in every being, and as well that God is the essence of each of them. He emphasised the complete oneness of God which was very close to the Islamic tawhid and the Hindu doctrine, e.g. of the Upanishads. Sai Baba said that the world and all that the human may give is transient and only God and his gifts are eternal. Sai Baba also emphasised the importance of devotion to God - bhakti - and surrender to his will. He also talked about the need of faith and devotion to one's spiritual preceptor (guru). He said that everyone was the soul and not the body. He advised his disciples and followers to overcome the negative features of character and develop the good ones. He taught them that all fate was determined by karma."

Thank you very much for bringing this Great Saint to my attention. He had many of the attributes of a Sufi and also an Advaita Vedantist.

=============================

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Swami Ji's birthday

Respected web admin,

I enjoyed reading your last post but as I was not able to do justice to the links you provided I delayed my reply. The Sai Sat Charita is indeed a wonderful book. You do have a mine of information ready with you.

With regards and thanks once again,

Ankur