Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Do Something!

Thank you, Respected web admin. That was really nice and I have noted it down, the quote quoted by you being dear to my heart.
Personally, I feel I am beginning to heal from the scars of severe adversities faced over scores of years. Interaction with you all, especially your good self and specially Respected Sister Rosemary (who was kind enough to frequently interact with me by e-mail but who now seems to have lost patience with me and ceased communicating) has helped me greatly in my darker days, and for that I am grateful to you all. As I am healing, I feel the need to undergo penance, and to forgive myself for my past and the wounds I inflicted on myself, and seek God's forgiveness for the wounds inflicted on others. In this matter, a few related questions come to mind, and I have written them below.

How does one cultivate patience and love when one is faced with adverse circumstances for scores of years at one go and a heart that has lost the ability to feel, or better still to retain any good positive emphatic feeling? How does one repent when one's heart has become stony? Lacking the feeling and having lost the capacity or faith to pray, how does one seek forgiveness from oneself and from God and cease repeating harmful actions?

Ultimately all help comes from God and more one depends on Him alone, more one is helped directly or indirectly through His creatures in mysterious ways.

With regards,

Ankur

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Golden Words!

I have read that *Tapasya is the only duty of a human being.

*Voluntary acceptance of penance for the Realization of the Transcendence.

Om Shanthi Om
=============

Re: Do Something...by doing no-thng!

How does one? I think you know the answer, dear brother. One who has become as "dead" as you describe does not know to come to Mother.

You have come! Now let Her take care of you! You have been trying so long. Stop now! Say "Mother, I cannot do anything myself. See how hard and long I've tried and only suffer more. I am your child. I have only you. You must help me; take care of me."

The challenge we all face is that we must become weary before we are truly able to give up our own efforts and desires before we can truly surrender to Mother.

Perhaps someone can tell Thakur's parable of the bird who woke to find that the ship it had fallen to sleep on was now way out to sea with no land in sight.... We are that bird...

Jai Ma!

Re: Re: Do Something...by doing no-thng!

Thank you, Respected sister Jayanti. Thank you for that prayer.
I am beginning to feel that.
Thank you once again.
With regards,

Ankur

Re: Re: Re: Do Something...by doing no-thng!

Dear Ankur ji,

No matter how bad things may look, at any given time,
we must remember that they can always be worse.

"Once I complained that I had no shoes, until I saw a man without any feet."

Sister Jayanti has given you the best advice possible:

"Simply place all your troubles at Mother's feet, and let Her do the worrying."

After all, we still have her promise:

"I am the mother of the wicked,
as I am the mother of the virtuous.
Whenever you are in distress,
only speak this to yourself,
'I have a mother'."

Om Tat Sat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Do Something...by doing no-thng!

You are very right, Respected web admin. Also, Yes, Sister Jayanti has given the best possible advice. I will try to trust in Mother. Thank you.

I was watching a documentary and some videos on Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi, my beloved first Guru whom I always feel an oneness with Holy Mother. The URLs are:
http://acalayoga.googlepages.com/ramanamaharshionvideo

http://acalayoga.googlepages.com/ramanamaharshisageofarunachaladocumentar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do Something...by doing no-thng!

Dear Ankur ji,

Unfortunately, I am unable to check out those videos you
mentioned, since I am using a slow dial-up connection.

Thanks anyway for mentioning that.

Om Shanthi Om