Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Founding of the Order of Sri Ramakrishna

Greetings, esteemed brothers & sisters:

Here is an interesting quote from:

"In The Company of The Holy Mother"
(available at all Vedanta Centres)

Page 353

Swami Ishanananda:

Mother: "Alas, how I wept and prayed to the Master for all this! And that is how you have now these Maths and other things through his grace. After the Master had passed away, the boys gave up home and gathered in a shelter (at Baranagar) for a few days. Then they left one by one to roam about hither and thither. I was then filled very much with sorrow, and prayed to the Master thus: 'Master, you came, played with these few, and then departed. Should it now all end thus only? Then what was the need of your coming down and courting such misery?

"...'I have seen in Varanasi and Vrindaban many monks who live on alms and move their stay from under one tree to the other. There's no dearth of monks of that kind. I can't bear to see those who leave home with your name on their lips, those who are my sons, knock hither and thither for a few morsels of food. My prayer is that those who leave home with your name, may not be in want of ordinary food and raiment. They will all live together under you and your message, and the people suffering from a thousand woes of the world, will come to them to be solaced by hearing of you. That's why you came. My heart becomes distressed at seeing them wandering about.' After that Naren (Swami Vivekananda) started doing all this."

Om Tat Sat