Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quotes

Thank you, Ankur Ji, for sharing those helpful and enlightening quotes.

I would like to share with everyone, today's posting
from Nahabat Guestbook

A READING from: "In The Company of The Holy Mother"
(available at all Vedanta Centres)

Page 107

Swami Arupananda:

Udbodhan, 25 June, 1912:

We were sitting near Mother's cot in the room next to the prayer room.

Mother: "Desire is the source of all. What has one to care for if one has no desire? Look at me who am among all these things, and still I have no desire - not a bit!"

"As to that," I said, 'how can you have any desire, Mother? But what a lot of desires rise in our minds! How will these be removed?"

"These desires that you have are no desires at all, they are nothing," Mother replied. "They come and go as mere fancies. The more they push out, the better."

I said, "Yesterday, I thought, 'Unless God saves me, how can I go on fighting with the mind indefintely? If one desire goes, another crops up.'"

"Desire will continue as a matter of course, so long as you have your 'I'," Mother explained. "But these desires will not harm you; God will protect you. Anyone who depends on Him - he who has taken refuge with Him after leaving away everything, he who wants to be good - if He should not protect him, it will be a guilt for Him alone. One must have faith in Him. Let Him make us sink or swim. But one must continue doing good alone, and that too just as He grants the power."

"Do I have that faith?" I asked....."How can there be any way out, unless He saves me?..."

"What fear need you have, my son?" Mother said. "Don't be afraid. You are not going to have a worldly life with wife, children, and all that. So why should you fear?"

(to be continued....)

Re: Re: Quotes

Thank you, Respected web admin. Mother's messages are a perennial source of inspiration, peace and hope.

Regards,

Ankur