Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mother

Excellent thoughts!

If we start an interesting conversation about Mother, perhaps others will join in?

SOME QUOTES FROM MOTHER:

"As wind removes a cloud, so does the name of God disperse the cloud of worldliness "

"As you smell the fragrance of a flower by handing it or the smell of sandalwood by rubbing it against a stone, so you obtain spiritual awakening by constantly thinking of God."

"One must be patient like the earth. What iniquities are being perpetuated on her! Yet she quietly endures them all."

Speaking of sandalwood, I found some excellent sandalwood incense at the local dollar store.
The brand is "Radiance", made in China, and selling two 20 stick packets for one dollar!.

It just goes to prove that we should never give up hope in finding great value in usually disappointing surroundings. Most folks have given up hope in finding decent incense in a
dollar store. I was accustomed to using Nag Champa (imported from Mysore) That is what
Bob Dylan apparently burns at his concerts.

I know that I could buy Nag Champa online, but I haven't done any internet purchasing as yet; and it is not sold in any store near my residence. So, you can imagine how happy I was to find the "Radiance" brand!

Om Shanthi Om

Re: Mother

Respected Nahabat Web Admin and Shri Gaurish,
Greetings!
I was also wondering what has happened to this wonderful site. So very few interactions, and after such long intervals. Earlier it was a frequest habit of mine to visit this site. Got so much from and through it. Now I remembered today only all of a sudden after so long. Today is India's Independence Day, and the birthday of Sri Aurobindo. Tomorrow is Sri Ramakrishna's samadhi day according to the Georgian calendar. Yesterday, I visited the Sarada Mission here at New Delhi. Met Pravrajika Bhavaprana, the editor of Samvit if I remember correctly. It was a simple but holy place, the place of the nun daughters of the Holy Mother. The shrine reminds me of the Ramana Maharshi shrine in New Delhi. A small temple, but full of welcome and peace. I also visited a few weeks back the ashrama of Swami Kriyananda, the American disciple of Paramhansha Yogananda. There was a powerful and peaceful atmosphere in the little shrine there. As for the Sri Ramakrishna temple at the Ramakrishna Mission here, I find the Lord and Holy Mother very much there. This statement is not only due to my repeated experience of rest and peace there, but from one incident when I was looking at Holy Mother's picture and some good thought about Her came unbidden. As I sat down to do japa, my mind bacame instantly indrawn and for a little while at least I had the experience of good japa. So God is there, but like in the famous Kamakhya shrine at Nilachal Hill at Guwahati, Sri Ramakrishna/Mother has as if kept themselves hidden. But any genuine prayer and good selfless thought is enough to get a response from them. Then I was thinking about 'Nag Champa'. How things which are commonplace here are a rarity and desired for so much over there at your place. Remeinds me of what a good friend told me. Wherever you get something easily, you oft fail to realize, or underestimate their value. Here in India the spiritual current in general is so flowing, you also come across real Sons of God, saints here now and then. But we have lost our sensitivity with regard to them. We are not able to take advantage of the river of spirituality flowing here, but you all perhaps don't have that much access and exposure in this respect, yet are so devoted. We have a lot to learn from you in terms of living a God-dedicated life.
With regards,
Ankur

Re: Mother & Sri Ramakrishna Mahasamadhi Day

Thank you, Ankur ji, for your uplifting comments. It was very interesting to read about
your visits to the various shrines in New Delhi. Although Holy Mother's Courtyard is not
as active as it used to be a few years ago, I believe that it will regain it's popularity
amongst devotees; even exceeding the former Internet traffic. Patience and perseverance
will win in the end. In honour of Sri Ramakrishna's Mahasamadhi Day (according to the
Gregorian Calendar), I would like to present the following Video: