Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ma

Of course, she is Our Mother....it's only natural
for a mother to care and watch over her children.

Here is a nice video to watch:

Thank you for your thoughts, respected Nahabat Web Admin and Gaurish. It is such posts which attracted me to this site. The video is really invaluable, so to say. Thank you for posting it here. I give below some expressions of Swami Bhuteshananda, my Guru, who had the good fortune of bowing at Holy Mother's feet as a student, and was initiated by Holy Mother's devoted sevaka and disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Saradananda.
"God is calling us so plaintaively, it is our stony heart which does not hear his call."
To a woman disciple who was complaining of her myriad worldly troubles -- "Ma, is it not great that you are able to think of and remember God in this life?"
I was mulling over this second statement and reflecting on the truth of it today.
"You want to know what my attitude is? I want to bring everyone in. I don't want to leave anyone out."
This Bhuteshananda Ji said when he was the President of the Ramakrishna Order.
Two other quotes:
"There is nothing in this world worth feeling bad about." -- Swami Vividishananda (1893-1980)
"The doctrine of Karma is nothing. Everything happens according to God's Will." -- Swami Gopalananda.
Good company, the company of spiritually awakened devotees is invaluable on the way back home to Mother.

Dear Ankur Ji,

Golden Words! It is indeed spiritually uplifting, to see the Devotees of the Holy Trio congregating again in Holy Mother's Courtyard. I visit here at least once a day, and have been doing so for a number of years now.

RE: Bhuteshananda Ji's Quote: "You want to know what my attitude is? I want to bring everyone in. I don't want to leave anyone out." This quote expresses the generosity and warmth of the Holy Mother, who said:

"I am the mother of the wicked,
as I am the mother of the virtuous.
Whenever you are in distress,
just say to yourself,
'I have a mother'"

Here is another video honouring Holy Mother, with "Sri Sarada Devi Stotram"

Thank you again, respected Web Admin. Bhuteshananda Ji truly imbibed some at least of Holy Mother's universal heart. In fact, many of the devotees used to call him 'Ma'. And by the time he passed away at the age of nearly 98 years, his physical features had also become feminine, motherly, intensely compassionate.
No need to tell that I enjoyed Mother's video very much. 'Prakritim Paramam' is my favourite stotra. I love it very much. Thank you.
With regards,
Ankur