Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vivekananda’s Maha-Samadhi

Jai Maa!
Nahabat--i am touched by your kind remarks and thank you for the prayers you offer for me. Yes, i know Dear Swamiji was diabetic and suffered a lot from it. i think of this ofter when i look at my high numbers....offering them Him and the knee problems to Mother--oh, how blessed we are to have these great teachers to depend on and our Master to touch our hearts and bless us with the knowledge of inner-self strength. I am, again blessed to have the friendship of the monks and my Teacher here in SF. the holy company i have had in these dear ones for so many years now has been my pool of happiness that keeps me going. the beautiful picture of Mary holding baby Jesus that Sri Ramakrishna saw as a living vision hangs in the monastery here. looking on it and knowing out Lord also looked on this very painting has deeply touched my life. sickness and good health both are put aside when such high blessings drape themselves over me. God bless you and i hope to hear from you soon. In Mother's Grace---Gaurish

Holy Mother's ’s Maha-Samadhi

Thank you for your warm and gentle words.

Especially today, on the 90th Anniversary of Holy Mother's MahaSamadhi.

Here is a quote from "In the Comany of the Holy Mother":

Her final message to an afflicted world torn by hate, she gave five days before her death.
Note: this was only two years, after the end of the First World War, of 1914-18

To a woman devotee, who was weeping, she said, "Let me tell you something. If you want peace of mind do not look into the faults of others. Rather to look into your own deficiencies. Learn to make the whole world your own. No one is a stranger, my child. The whole world is your own."

On Tuesday, July 21, 1920, at half past one in the morning she breathed heavily several times and entered into a deep samAdhi from which she never returned to the consciousness of the physical world. Peaceful sleep settled over her body, ravaged by long illness, which now suddenly relaxed and gave off a celestial light. Many of her disciples were deceived by this light and thought for a time that she was still with them.

The body, decorated with garlands and flowers, was taken to Belur Math, across the GangA, and cremated on a pyre of sandalwood. Now a white temple stands on the spot, in loving memory of her immaculate life.

Another white temple has been erected over her birthplace at Jayrambati, from the top of which flies a flag emblazoned with the single word "Ma", recalling to her devotees, from far and near, her words of reassurance:

"I am the mother of the wicked, as I am the mother of the virtuous. Whenever you are in distress, only speak this to yourself, 'I have a mother'."

Excerpted from: Holy Mother Tribute Page

Re: Holy Mother's ’s Maha-Samadhi

Thank you for this conversation, respected Nahabat Web Admin and Gaurish. As a monk of the Ramakrishna order told me quoting Swami Turiyananda, the brother-disciple of Swami Ji, "You may be weak. But the One in whom you have taken refuge in is not weak." Get well soon, Gaurish Ji. Good wishes and prayers for your early return to good health.
With regards,
Ankur

Re: Holy Mother's ’s Maha-Samadhi

Yes, Ankur Ji, we remember Gaurish Ji in oour daily prayers to the Holy Trio, in hope that his weaknesses may be banished and his strength recalled, so that
he may continue to bless the holy names of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Sri Swami Vivekananda. Om Shanthi Om.

Let us also remember Sister Jayanti's struggles with disability, as mentioned on this posting.

We dedicate this video to Sister Jayanti, and also to Gaurish Ji, to help in his struggle with Diabetes, an affliction shared by Swamiji himself:

Re: Holy Mother's Maha-Samadhi

Thank you, Respected Web admin. I am sure Swami Ji will give Respected Sister Jayanti and Gaurish ji the necessary strength to surmount the physical impediments through nourishing the proper attitude and thus convert their suffering into sadhana. Sister Jayanti is our teacher in this respect, and I only pray the physical pain doesn't become too much.
I enjoyed the video very much. Thank you.
With regards,
Ankur