Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"They Lived with God" by Swami Chetanananda

Dear Ones,

It has been too long a time since I have entered Holy Mother's Courtyard. Namaste to all, old and new friends, who visit here.

My dear friend, Ankur, has given me a great blessing by recommending that I read two of Sister Gargi's great books on the life of Swami Ashokanada. After getting acquainted and feeling a deep atrraction to the Swami's life and teachings, I felt compelled to order another book from Vedanta Press, "They Lived with God" by Swami Chetanananda. I am nearly finished with this great work, and am feeling sorrowful that it is almost over. These great devotees have become my friends, and I gaze at the cover of the book very often in order to see the faces of these devotees who have become peronal and with whom I feel a bond and friendship. I highly recommend this book as not only a good, but as great reading.

Has anyone else read the book and would like to discuss it??

In Mother's Grace,
Rosemary

Re: "They Lived with God" by Swami Chetanananda

Dear sister Rosemary,

So nice to see you posting in Mother's Courtyard.

It's nice to see you here, also.

Dear Rosemary,

It is so wonderful to hear from you here in Mothers Courtyard. :) i have been away too, with brothers Tom and Ankur keeping the Courtyard alive. Perhaps Mother's children are returning after being at play.

I remember reading They Lived with God many years ago. Wonder stories about the broader circle of friends and disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. You needn't stop reading. A few years later Chetananandaji published a second collection, God Lived with Them. :) Either would make a good topic of discussion.

Jai Ma!
Jayanti

Namaste, Jayanti, it has been a long time.

It seems important for me to highlight a passage from Sister Gargi's book, "A Disciples Journal".

I quote it Here:

"...I will never understand how so much grace, from start to finish, had fallen upon me--much of it, I am sure, from Swami Vivekananda himself. I don't think anyone can ever know how or why grace happens, but whether it comes as a harsh blow or as a gentle push, and whether what one does with it is good or bad, one can never deny its sure and ineluctable reality."

A Disciples Journal, Sister Gargi, p 276

This single passage, for me, seems to sum up the story behind the story of each of the lives of the devotees of Sri Ramakrishna.

Jai Ma!!!