Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My review of Frances Leggett book, "Late and Soon..." at Amazon. com

yes, one gets to see the play of God first hand in this incredible family, which had so very much to do with Swamiji's work in America, Europe, and India. It is thought in the Indian view that God comes with a whole cast of characters necessary to accomplish the intended mission. These are not all "good" people in our usual sense, but often quite lively characters.

One sees this in play regarding this obviously blessed family. As difficult as it is to identify with Betty Leggett -- and I predict it will get more so -- it is through Betty's "social ambition" that Swamiji meets many important supporters, Betty herself among them.

I am glad you found the issue on Fr.ance. I was thinking of sending it to you.

Dear Jayanti,

Thank you so very much for your reply.

I must thank you again for supplying the article about France. The article was easy enough to find on the internet. I had been so wanting to see a photo of France as she got older. Also,until I found your article, I was having trouble finding a date of death for her on the internet. There is much (it seems) to be reported about David Margesson but very scant information concerning France. By the way, I like her very, very much!!

Also, I do see the hand of Swamiji resting on this blessed family. Still, the other drama playing out in Maya is so very, very interesting! I love her way of writing, too.

As yet I am not to the point where Frank dies. In planning ahead, I was able to find the New York Times article (on the internet) which describes what happened on the day of Frank's death (as he was walking down to the Ferry.)

Thanks ever so much for everything, Jayanti. I'm so glad you are here.

Yours ever,
Rosemary

PS...

When you look at this story from the vantage point as you have described ("it is through Betty's "social ambition" that Swamiji meets many important supporters, Betty herself among them") it reminds me of a book I once read by LM Montgomery called "A Tangled Web" - the point being that as the story unravels itself, it becomes more apparent to ourselves that we cannot remain objective enough in the playing out of Maya!

Thank God for Swamij whose presence in the Story proves to me the need for endurance and forebearance in the tidal wave of Maya....