Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Mother's Day

But Tantine retained inner recollectedness of Swami Ji and Sri Ramakrishna and the Holy Mother till the end, whatever the outer deterioration might look like. She was truly a great soul, dear Sister Rosemary, regarded as "one of us" by later spiritual giants like Swami Bhuteshananda and others. Mrs Subhashri Bhaumik, a lady disciple of Bhuteshananda Ji, who was well-beloved by all the senior sadhus at Belur Math and other Ramakrishna Math and Mission centres, and who silently bore with much suffering in life and passed away recently to the shock of her admirers and numbed bewilderment of her husband, also a devotee of Sri Ramakrishna, brought my attention to the book, 'Tantine', from which you have quoted, way back in 1994. It was solely due to her that I read the book, albeit in my own fashion, and it was due to her that I had darshan of Holy Mother's monk disciple, who was lying in coma (but inwardly aware throughout, he was the sole survivor of a plane crash) at RKMIC, Gol Park, Kolkata. In a letter to me Subhashri aunty had written, "Remember, Holy Mother cares for all."
Also, dear Sister Rosemary, my earlier post titled, 'Mother's child' I think herein was meant for you. Please try to get the video by Usha Harding. It lends a quiet dignity and holiness to the passing on called 'death'. Please read my post or the post directly from the link given first. Swami Gambhirananda was a disciple of a brother-disciple of Swami Vivekananda, a former President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission worldwide, and a familiar name to devotees of Sri Ramakrishna and Holy Mother due to the plethora of authoritative books he wrote on the Holy Trio, and his commentaries on the Prasthana Traya, the Bhagavad Gita, the Brahma Sutras, and the Upanishads (which form the bedrock of Vedanta philosophy).
Finally, Sister, all my email IDs are now blocked, so I have lost touch with you. Do send a mail to my new ID, ankuracharya6@gmail.com

With thanks and regards,

Ankur

Dear Ankur,

I did read your previous post with great interest and enjoyment, and for reasons which settle upon me in different, layerings ways. For instance, the fact that Sister Harding was a photographer is of great import to me, as is also all the comments which were made about her photographs of Mother Kali. The only reason that I did not reply or make commentary is because I am trying to keep my ego out of my posts, so am reluctant to make opinion or commentary.

However, it is my intention to follow the lead that you have given and so I will be looking in to the life and works of Sister Harding as soon as possible. And, I thank you for the lead.

I will be adding you as a "friend" on Facebook as soon as I am able to get that link up. It seems that it is being stubborn today.

It's good to see you and hear from you.

Your Sister,
Rosemary

Thank you, dear Sister Rosemary. It is nice to hear from you too. I have replied to your email. Thank you.

With regards,

Ankur

"God is one's very own. It is the eternal relationship."
"Never fear. Sri Ramakrishna is always with you. I am also there."
"Whenever you get an opportunity, seek holy company. In the absence of that read good books."
"Whoever seeks refuge with Sri Ramakrishna finds everything."

-- Holy Mother Sarada Devi