Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: An offering to Holy Mother

"Without Shakti (Power) there is no regeneration for the world. Why is it that our country is the weakest and the most backward of all countries? Because Shakti is held in dishonour there. Mother [Sri Sarada Devi] has been born to revive that wonderful Shakti in India; and making her the nucleus, once more will Gargis and Maitreyis be born into the world." -- Swami Vivekananda

Mother Sarada, who is inseperable from Sri Ramakrishna as heat is from fire, and who is the embodiment of all wisdom, to you I offer my salutation. -- Swami Saradananda

"Surely the wonderful things of God are all quiet -- stealing unnoticed into our lives -- the air and the sunlight and the sweetness of gardens and of the Ganges, these are the silent things that are like you!" -- Sister Nivedita

"If I ever go to prison for a prolonged period, none of my friends need grieve about it--for I shall immediately take to meditation and try to climb those wonderful heights on which the Holy Mother lives." -- Sister Nivedita

One day, as Mother sat for meditation on the roof of Balaram Babu's house, she entered into samadhi. When she emerged from it, she said to Yogin-Ma, "I saw, I was in a far-off place. All were treating me there with utmost love. I became very beautiful. The Master was there, and with great tenderness they made me sit by his side. I can't describe the bliss that I enjoyed. When I regained my consciousness a little, I saw my body lying here. Then the thought came to me, 'How can I enter into this ugly body?' I had not the least desire to resume it. At long last, I managed to get into it; and then consciousness returned to it."

-------------

I have been inside Holy Mother's room several times, Sister Rosemary. Mother is very much there. It is truly Mother's house lovingly built for her by Sri Ramakrishna's disciple-son Swami Saradananda, whose room is also preserved there. I felt Mother's presence there as sweetness, joy, and peace, and a belongingness. It is perhaps the most spiritually vibrant place, besides Sri Ramakrishna's room at Dakshineswar, among the places associated with the Ramakrishna Movement and indeed perhaps among the spiritual places of the world, though I don't have the experience or authority to state the latter.

Ankur

Ankur Ji,

You are fortunate indeed to have experienced the serene atmosphere of
Holy Mother's room at Udbodhan.

Here is a photo of Sri Sarada Devi worshipping there:

As wonderful as that may have been, I think that I would prefer to
visit the Nahabat at Dakshineswar: "Sarada's room on the ground floor
of the tower was about fifty square feet in area. In this tiny room
she lived as long as the Master remained at the Dakshineswar temple
garden, storing household goods, meditating, praying, and sleeping there."

Perhaps sister Rosemary feels the same way as I do, since she left that
lovely yellow rose as an offering there, in her initial posting on this thread.

Om Shanthi Om
=============

All of this is very, very lovely!!! Thank you both!!

Respected Brother Tom and Dear and Respected Sister Rosemary,

Thank you for your replies.

Brother Tom, thank you for the pictures especially of Holy Mother worshipping. I have seen it many times, have it on our laptop background, yet the one you posted appeared clearer or sharper.

As for Holy Mother's room in the Nahabat, I have been there, prayed there, and the prayer that came spontaneously to me as I bowed my head almost 17 years ago is the most treasured one of my life, and perhaps the only one I haven't revealed to anyone (I talk/write so much) and the one which supercedes all prayers of mine in this life. No doubt Mother herself prayed for this lost sheep of Hers pining to return back home.

THank you.

With regards,

Ankur