Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
24-November-2011 (Thursday) : Thought for the Day!!!

24-November-2011 (Thursday)
Thought for the Day!!!

One day, Devendra and I presented ourselves before the Mother while she was taking her food. The Mother asked, "Would you like to have Prasada?" Both of us extended our hands to receive it. After she had partaken of a small quantity of the food, the Mother gave a good amount of it to each of us. Lest it should fall from our hands, she pressed it placing it on our palms. The Mother belonged to an orthodox Brahmin family and I to a Kayastha. With an utter disregard of the caste rules she touched my hand and began taking her food. Indeed, she looked upon us as her own children.

The Gospel of The Holy Mother - Section II (3) - (RECORDED BY Surendranath Sircar): Page 228

Re: 24-November-2011 (Thursday) : Thought for the Day!!!

She is the Mother of All! :)

Namaste!

This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote:

Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.147

Thursday 24/11/11

The Master Said:

"An aspirant possessed of rAjasic bhakti puts a tilak
on his forehead and a necklace of holy rudrAksha beads,
interspersed with gold ones, around his neck.
At worship he wears a silk cloth."

This last comment brought forth laughter among the devotees

om tat sat

~~~~~~om shanthi om ~~~~~~

100 Sri Ramakrishna Quotes Sorted by Topic

27 Quotes on BHAKTI - DEVOTION - LOVE
20 Quotes on the REALIZATION OF BRAHMAN - GOD
19 Quotes on KALI, THE DIVINE MOTHER - MAHASHAKTI
7 Quotes on KNOWLEDGE
6 Quotes on WORK
6 Quotes on SIN
6 Quotes on TRUTH
5 Quotes on PHYSICIANS - MEDICINE
4 Quotes on MAyA (attachment) & DaYA (compassion)

-

This always reminded me of teachings of Jesus:

He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. "Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

— Luke 18:9-14

Humbleness makes an exit for the "ego"... Speaking of humble nature, I always remember Sri Nag Mahashay... Humbleness epitomized...

Tax Collectors are not well liked people, at least where I come from. I was a tax collector for 4 years here in our county, until I went back to the Accounting Department (bean counting). My boss, the ultimate Tax Collector, used to make jokes about the Biblical references to his title...

Humbly...

Thank you, Sister Jayanti

A very apt quote today, on America's Day of Thansgiving! (with tradional feasts, et al!)

Heartiest Greetings on the Thanksgiving Day... Mother does it all for Her Children :)

Having been off-line for some days it is nice to come 'home' and find Mother's Courtyard buzzing. :)