Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
26-November-2011 (Saturday) : Thought for the Day!!!

26-November-2011 (Saturday)
Thought for the Day!!!

One day the Mother observed that Radhu was feeling restless owing to illness. She said to me, "O my son, please see what's the trouble with Radhu." I did not know how to feel the pulse. However, to satisfy the Mother I felt Radhu's pulse and said, "There is nothing serious. She is somewhat weak. Please give her some milk to drink." The Mother, who was of a childlike nature, immediately began feeding Radhu with milk. After a while Radhu's mother came and seated herself close to Radhu. This made the latter excited; she did not like the idea that her mother should stay nearby. Pushing her a little with her hand, Radhu said, "Please move away." The Holy Mother's hand accidentally touched the feet of Radhu's mother. Being already very much perturbed, she cried out, "Why have you touched my feet? What will become of me now?" The Mother had a hearty laugh at the behaviour of Radhu's mother. Rashbehari-Da, who was standing nearby, said, "Mother, you see how this madcap of a woman speaks ill of you always and even tries to hurt you? But now she seems to be frightened because your hand has touched her feet!"

The Mother said, "In spite of his knowing that Rama was but Narayana, the infinite Brahman, and that Sita was the primordial energy, the Mother of the universe, Ravana nevertheless created so much trouble. Does not the mad woman know who I am? She knows everything; yet she creates all this fun."

The Gospel of The Holy Mother - Section II (3) - (RECORDED BY Surendranath Sircar): Page 229

Re: 26-November-2011 (Saturday) : Thought for the Day!!!

Namaste!

This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote:

Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.148

Saturday 26/11/11

The Master Said:

"Think of Brahman, Existance - Knowledge - Bliss Absolute,
as a shoreless ocean. Through the cooling influence,
as it were, of the bhakta's love, the water has frozen
at places into blocks of ice. In other words, God now and then
assumes various forms for His lovers and reveals Himself
to them as a Person."

om tat sat

~~~~~~om shanthi om ~~~~~~

100 Sri Ramakrishna Quotes Sorted by Topic

27 Quotes on BHAKTI - DEVOTION - LOVE
20 Quotes on the REALIZATION OF BRAHMAN - GOD
19 Quotes on KALI, THE DIVINE MOTHER - MAHASHAKTI
7 Quotes on KNOWLEDGE
6 Quotes on WORK
6 Quotes on SIN
6 Quotes on TRUTH
5 Quotes on PHYSICIANS - MEDICINE
4 Quotes on MAyA (attachment) & DaYA (compassion)

-