Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
28-November-2011 (Monday) - Thought for the Day!!!

28-November-2011 (Monday)
Thought for the Day!!!

During this period, one day I approached her, and said, "Mother, I do not find peace of mind. My mind remains agitated all the time. I am not free from desires." On hearing this, the Mother looked intently at me for a long time, but did not utter a word. Her look of distress brought me remorse. I wondered why I should have told her these things. Taking the dust of her feet, I bade her farewell and went to Master Mahasaya's residence in Guruprasad Chowdhury Lane. I saluted him and said, "You massaged the Master's feet many a time. Kindly stroke my head a little; for I feel greatly agitated." Master Mahasaya replied, "What's this? You are the Mother's son; she loves you dearly. Why should you seek consolation from me? Didn't the Mother cast her benign glance upon you?" "Oh yes, she looked at me for a while," I replied. Thereupon Master Mahasaya said: "What more do you need? 'If Shyama casts her glance on a man, he swims in Eternal Bliss.'" He emphatically repeated this saying three times. Now I realized the significance of the Mother's looking at me for a while. I became quiet. It now appeared to me that the Mother had sent me to Master Mahasaya just to enable me to understand the meaning of her gracious glance.

The Gospel of The Holy Mother - Section II (3) - (RECORDED BY Surendranath Sircar): Page 230

Re: 28-November-2011 (Monday) - Thought for the Day!!!

Namaste!

This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote:

Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.150

Monday 28/11/11

The Master Said:

"God reveals Himself in the form which His devotees loves most.
His love for the devotees knows no bounds.
It is written in the PurAna that God assumed the form of
RAma for His heroic devotee, HanumAn."

om tat sat

~~~~~~om shanthi om ~~~~~~

100 Sri Ramakrishna Quotes Sorted by Topic

27 Quotes on BHAKTI - DEVOTION - LOVE
20 Quotes on the REALIZATION OF BRAHMAN - GOD
19 Quotes on KALI, THE DIVINE MOTHER - MAHASHAKTI
7 Quotes on KNOWLEDGE
6 Quotes on WORK
6 Quotes on SIN
6 Quotes on TRUTH
5 Quotes on PHYSICIANS - MEDICINE
4 Quotes on MAyA (attachment) & DaYA (compassion)

-