Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas at Ridgely, NY

I take the liberty to post this Christmas invitation from the Ridgely website. How I would love to attend!!

(Life is sometimes full of coincidences which seemingly tie together. I have discovered that the location of Ridgely is only 33 miles from the home of my children's relatives (on their father's side). I have visited this area and it is indeed so quaint and beautiful.

Wikipedia showed a home in Sand Ridge where George Washington once slept, and there is a historic house just down the street and across from me where George Washington slept during his Southern Tour in New Bern)

I wish there were a way that I could attend these Christmas services. Siva. Siva.

Christmas at Ridgely

In December we have several special events scheduled. We hope you will be able to join us for one or all of these events.

Wednesday, December 14 7:30pm - Swami Sarvadevananda, Assistant Head Minister of the Vedanta Society of So. Calif., will give a talk on The Ceaseless Loving Service of Sri Sarada Devi. Sri Sarada Devi was the wife of Sri Ramakrishna, who carried on his mission after his death in her own extraordinary way.

Saturday, December 17 10am-2pm - We will commemorate the birth anniversary of Sri Sarada Devi with a half-day retreat. There will be short talks given by Pravrajikas Gitaprana and Shuddhatmaprana, group discussion and devotional singing. This will be followed by a prasad lunch.

Saturday, December 24 6pm - We will hold our usual Christmas Eve arati. After our regular evening vespers we will read from the New Testament, sing Christmas Carols in an absolutely informal way and enjoy some Christmas treats.

Everyone is welcome to join us for any of these events. There is no charge for any of them. We are extremely grateful to all the individual donors who support Vivekananda Retreat, thereby making it possible for us to offer teachings and other events free of charge to all.