Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
06-January-2012 (Friday) : Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

06-January-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI SARADESHANANDA-03

When I reached Jayrambati one morning with my friend from Nabasan, Mother was then at Kali-mama’s place. Having deposited our baggage at Mother’s door and offered our salutations to the Master, we had just arrived at Kali-mama’s door when Mother emerged from the doorway. There was a large boulder in front of the door. As soon as she saw us, she sat down on that boulder, with her legs stretched out before her and her hands on her lap. She was wearing a white dhoti with a very fine, red border. Her head was partly covered with her dhoti; the right side was bare. Slightly wavy hair cascaded down her right shoulder. She wore a pair of thick rounded bangles on her wrists, an iron ring round one of her big toes and a thin string of rudraksha hung from her neck. Her body firm and upright, she looked quite strong and healthy then. With a gracious smile she looked at us and asked my friend, “Who is this boy?” My friend replied, “He is your own son, Mother, a childhood friend of mine.” Both of us touched her feet. She blessed us and led us to her room. Having seen her appearance, heard her words, I knew her to be truly my mother. I remembered the face seen in my dream. I did not feel as if I had come to some unfamiliar, strange place. In a moment, I experienced a sense of belonging. She had removed all apprehension, anxiety and diffidence. When we sat down for prasad, she served us personally. We talked about various matters. In the course of conversation, my friend mentioned that it was from me that he had first learned about the Master. In return I also said that it was he who had brought me to her. Pleased with these words, Mother said to my friend, “All is well. He had done you a good turn. In return you too have done him one.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 23-24)

Re: 06-January-2012 (Friday) : Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I love this description of what Mother was wearing, how she bore herself and also the mood and setting.
This story paints a wonderful picture.

Pranams to Holy Mother