Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
15-January-2012 (Sunday) : Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

15-January-2012 (Sunday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI SARADESHANANDA-12

Sometimes, a new comer among the devotees would ardently desire to partake of Mother’s prasad. Mother would persuade him to have his food right at first, saying, “Now sit and eat your fill, I may be late in having my food. I shall set aside some prasad for you; you will certainly get it.” At lunchtime, Mother used to have a little rice with milk. After tasting a little of all the items, she would mix some rice with milk in the bowl, and having herself taken a little of it, would summon the devotee desirous of prasad. Upon the devotee’s arrival, she would offer him the bowl, with a pleased look, saying, “Son, here it is. You had asked for prasad, sit and enjoy it to your heart’s content.” The devotee being satisfied, Mother too would be delighted. There have also been occasions when a devotee having expressed great eagerness for prasad, Mother would take a sweet in her hand, and having held it before the Master in offering, touch it with the tip of her tongue and hand it to her son with much affection and a happy smile saying, “Here, son, take the prasad.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 29-30)