Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
03-February-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

03-February-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI SARADESHANANDA-31

Mother’s sannyasin-sons never expressed the slightest protest against her will. However, they proffered their heartfelt appeals and prayers at her sacred feet. She, too, fulfilled their wishes on certain occasions. When Mother’s sons, foolish as they were, blurted out their inmost desires without hesitation, Mother would be amused. Sometimes she paid heed to them; sometimes she didn’t, skilfully diverting their attention to other matters so that the thought might slip away from their memory. Revered Kapil Maharaj had enjoyed Mother’s special affection having spent a long time in the sanctuary of her feet at Udbodhan. Once after a bout of illness at Jayarambati, Mother had hardly recovered when he began to plead with her persistently to go to Kolkata. But Mother ignored all his pleadings. She confided to someone, “They are penniless sadhus. At a moment’s notice they may settle down somewhere or depart, without having to bother about anything. Just flinging a blanket over the shoulder they can make off. Does that go for me? I have to take so many aspects into consideration before I decide on a course of action, so that none is inconvenienced.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 42)