Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
08-February-2012 (Wednesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

08-February-2012 (Wednesday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI NIRVANANANDA - 03

Towards the end of December 1914, Maharaj directed me to return to Belur Math. Mother was then at Udbodhan. On my return to the Math, I went there for her darshan. Before that I had been engaged in flood relief operations in West Bengal for about two months. Over-exertion and irregular hours had perhaps affected my health. This did not escape Mother’s eyes. As soon as she saw me, she exclaimed, her voice expressing great concern, “What have you done to yourself?” I replied, “For some time I have been occupied with flood relief work, and lack of regular meals there might have affected my health just a little.” Mother said, “Not just a little, your health has been gravely affected. Take care now to eat properly for long enough to restore your health. Such a great deal of Master’s work has got to be accomplished by you people, how can it be done if you are not physically fit?” At the time of my returning to the Math, she reminded me of this again.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 45-46)