Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
17-February-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

17-February-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 04

After offering my pranam to some other monks at Udbodhan, I made for Balaram Mandir to have darshan of Raja Maharaj and Hari Maharaj. There I met Raja Maharaj. Though I was not fortunate enough to have Master’s darshan, I considered myself fortunate indeed to be able to see his spiritual son in person and touch his feet. But I could not meet Hari Maharaj. The attendant monk told me that he could be met in the evening. I went back to Balaram Mandir in the evening and met the attendant monk.

He conducted me to Hari Maharaj’s room. First I touched my head to the floor and then touched his feet. He told me to sit on the small bench beside him and discoursed affectionately on diverse matters. I was rather depressed by my inability to have Mother’s darshan. With sympathetic understanding he said, “Is it easy to obtain Mother’s darshan? She has not favoured you with darshan today so that your ardour may intensify. After some time you will have her darshan. Don’t let that upset you. When your longing for her intensifies, at the right moment she will favour you with her darshan. Weep and pray to her. She will certainly be pleased and grant you wish.” I had had no idea that so much significance was attached to Mother’s darshan, that so much groundwork was necessary before that. Comforted by his words, I touched his feet and returned to my dwelling.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 51)