Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
18-February-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

18-February-2012 (Saturday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 05

Next morning I went to see Mother but did not succeed. The monks said, for a particular reason men were not to have her darshan that morning. They told me to come next morning. Much depressed, I went to Balaram Mandir to see revered Raja Maharaj and Hari Maharaj, but that too without success. That one day seemed to be an age to me. I tried my best to engage myself in meditation and prayers, but nothing could fill the huge void within my heart. I was racked by excruciating agony. In the evening, I went again to Hari Maharaj and he said many things to comfort me. Having spent a long time with him, soothed by his loving words, I returned home most reluctantly. At night, I was too disturbed to sleep.

I had put up at the house of a devotee. Early next morning after bathing in the Ganga, I sat in their worship room for meditation. In a very short while, I had a miraculous experience. Beside myself with joy and wonder, I sat for a long time on my asana hardly aware of my surroundings. At last, when I got up, it was half past six in the morning. Musing on that morning’s meditation, I set out for Mother’s house with high expectation.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 51-52)