Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
20-February-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

20-February-2012 (Monday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 07

The devotees were discussing how one had to go up the front staircase and descend down another after darshan, and that Mother did not speak to male devotees and so on. I had not known all this, and when I heard that she did not speak to men, I was rather dejected. I would address her as Mother, wouldn’t she respond? Wouldn’t she utter a single word? Such misgivings seemed to break my heart into a hundred pieces when I noticed a commotion among the devotees. They were filing up the stairs in an orderly manner, and the line reached the bottom of the staircase. In a childish whim, I decided I will be behind all others and would be the last to offer pranam to Mother. Then I feared, should Mother go away by that time I would not be able to offer pranam to her. But as nothing could be done to mend matters, I stood behind all others – silently praying and thinking of Mother. My experience during meditation that morning brightened in my memory.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 52)