Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dear and Respected Brother Tom, Sister Rosemary, and Sister Jayanti

Thank you again, dear Sister Rosemary. Let me try:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let us see if it works.

Re: Dear and Respected Sister Rosemary

It worked swell, dear Sister. Thank you once again. The fastest easiest way. Just copy the HTML code and paste here and post. NO NEED to do anything else. So quick. Here goes another picture:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One can obtain liberation in this very life if one practises the following three things:

1. Retain equanimity under all circumstances
2. Remain in a state of joy under all circumstances
3. Develop such an attitude that he loves all and hates none

Swami Ritajananda ji (sitting in the picture above with Ranganathananda ji and Vidyatmananda ji) came to the above conclusion after long years of sadhana.

The Swami, who was the Head of the Ramakrishna Ashrama in Gretz in France (where the above photograph was taken) also said that:

a. Religions are many, but spirituality is one
b. Religions are external, but spirituality is internal
------
Ankur

Re: Dear and Respected Sister Rosemary

Great photos, so wonderful to see!!

Rosemary
Dear Brother Satwik,

Brother Tom is always the "go-to" tech person for me here on the forum. Thanks for the bbcode link, Tom, which I have added to my favorites bar...

...but, I thought I would give you the website where I go to upload photos first and then insert into the message body by using bb code.

(Tom, I'm sure has an easier way, but this is the way I have slowly learned to do it. It is not fast as in Facebook, etc.)

First, I have to UPLOAD the image here:

tinypic

Next step is to copy and paste the bottom formula (Direct Link for layouts) by using bb code format for images as Tom directed. (I always have to look at the format by clicking on "bb code" at the top of the message box here at Bravenet)

Hah! I provided the cake and Sister Rosemary added the frosting! It is so nice to see all the great photos from Brothers Satwik & Ankur & of course Sister Rosemary!

Dear Brother Ankur,

Only now am I reading your kind post. I have much to catch up on. May Mother grant you strength and sustain you as you face these physical challenges. As always, it is good to have you back in the Courtyard.

I have been somewhat pre-occupied as about the time of your post it became clear that my mother would soon be leaving the body. She passed quietly on Feb 24, in conduction with Thakur's birthday. She had had dementia for several years, and had been in severe decline. So her passing is a blessing accompanied by both relief and sadness. Mother certainly blessed her, and my sister and I, with an easy transition. I will be in and out of the Courtyard for a while.

My thoughts and well wishes go to each as you gather in Mother's Courtyard.

Dear Sister Jayanti,
Mother has gone back to the realm from where she came... in Thakur-Maa's lap...Nevertheless, for children loss of a parent is always a loss...Faith and devotion in Thakur-Maa is the only thing that can help us coming out of this grief...Nothing else matters when one has Thakur-Maa's grace...
Jai Maa!!!

Respected and dear Sister Jayanti,

Thank you for your kind post and good wishes. I am really sorry to learn of the passing on of your mother. May Mother grant you the calm and strength to meet the resultant sadness and feeling of loss, which I feel, in spite of what you have so correctly and wisely written, does come to a child. Really one's mother is the only one who remains one's own in spite of everything and anything that might happen. Hence is she to be regarded as the Divine Mother Sarada while we are with her, or she with us. I have learnt this home truth very very late in life, now only.

With good wishes and prayers,

Sincerely,

Ankur

Dear Jayanti,

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend and your Mother. I have felt for a while that something must be amiss. It is so good to from you. May Thakur grant you peace of heart and mind.
I will be thinking of you.

Your real sister,
Rosemary