Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote

dear Brother Ankur,

As I wrote to you by email concerning your kindest of offers--I have located several copies available through Amazon.com and am considering purchasing this book. Thank you, you have been a huge help to me in your recommendations and other thoughtfullness already. Honesty, you have been a great help!

I went back to the "Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna" to look at the full entry (by M) surrounding this quote.
The full text has been more illuminating and I have been digesting and synthesizing an analysis of this lesson.

Here is part of what I have read from the same page as the initial entry of Tom's post, p. 234:

"The two sides of the scales are even". During the day-time Haladhari used to meditate on God with form and at night on the formless God. Whichever attitude you adopt, you will certainly realize God if you have firm faith. You may believe in God with form or in God without form, but your faith must be sincere and wholehearted. Sambhu Mallick used to come on foot from Baghbazar to his garden house at Dakshineswar. One day a friend said to him: "It is risky to walk such a long distance. Why don't you come in a carriage?" At that Sambhu's face turned red and he exclaimed: "I set out repeating the name of God! What danger can befall me? Through faith alone one attains everything. I used to say, "I shall take all this to be true if I meet a certain person or if a certain officer of the temple garden talks to me". What I would think of would invariably come to pass."

There is more to the illuminating details but I must now get on to work.