Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
24-February-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Swami Apurvananda - Recorder of these Reminiscences

24-February-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 11

In August 1919, Ramakrishna Mission was engaged in famine relief operations in the district of Bankura. Mahapurush Maharaj wrote to me, “Two sadhus from our Math have begun famine relief operations in the Indpur area of Bankura district. One more hand is needed. Therefore, come to the Math immediately upon receiving this letter. We shall send you to Bankura for relief work.” Within just a few hours of getting the letter, I left home and set out for Belur Math taking nothing at all with me. Arriving at the Math on the third day, as soon as I offered pranam to Mahapurush Maharaj, he exclaimed with joy, “So you are here! Very good, this very night you have to leave for Bankura.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 55)

Re: 24-February-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Thank you very much for adding the photgraph. As I am a very visual person these images are very helpful to me. I feel like I am in school again and I am learning my lessons. These are very important lessons. Thank you so much for your diligence.

Yours,
Rosemary

Re: 24-February-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Hi Rosemary...We are students in this school of Thakur-Maa :)