Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
25-February-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

25-February-2012 (Saturday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 12

I joined the relief work at Indpur. Mother also hailed from Bankura district, and besides that, she was at Jayrambati right then. Considering the time most opportune for meeting Mother and obtaining initiation from her, I accordingly wrote to Mahapurush Maharaj that obtaining Mother’s grace would be possible only if he kindly wrote to her regarding my initiation.

Mahapurush Maharaj replied immediately, “You wish to have darshan of Mother’s divine feet, nothing can be better. When you go there, tell her, ’Swami Shivananda has sent me to Bankura to serve the famine stricken people. I have come from there for darshan of your holy feet and to receive your grace. Please bestow your grace on me.’ If you just say this, she will impart initiation to you. The door to her compassion is left ever open; she does not turn away anyone. So, there is no need for a separate letter from me. Read out this letter at her holy feet, that will be enough.” The letter made me very happy indeed – it filled my heart with hope and joy. However, I could not let the work assigned to me suffer by going away. So I waited for a suitable opportunity for Mother’s darshan.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 55)

Re: 25-February-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Dear Satwik,

Thank you for the wonderful photograph and the information and details concerning it.

I have a book sent to me by Brother Ankur from India Called "Photographs of Sri Ramakrishna - Sarada Devi" and this photograph shown above is labeled as Photograph 22. It does me good to remember the details here as I must also thank you for sharing the stories of the direct devotees who knew Holy Mother. Hearing of their own personal strivings and struggles somehow gives one daily strength...

Yours, Rosemary