Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
27-February-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Holy Mother at Jayarambati

27-February-2012 (Monday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 14

I walked all the way to the ashrama at Bankura. From there I reached Garbeta by train. I spent one night at the ashrama there. Then early one morning in mid-August I was on my way to holy Jayrambati. My feet were bare, the road was slippery with slush, and to make matters worse, there was also a light shower of rain. When I reached the outskirts of Jayrambati around five in the afternoon, my heart began to pound in my breast like a husking-pedal. Passing the mud huts lining the road on both sides, I finally arrived at the doorway to Mother’s house. Though I had not given any prior intimation about my visit, somehow Mother seemed to have come to know. As soon as disclosed my name to the sadhus who served her and prayed for permission to see Mother, they took me inside the house. Mother was standing at the entrance to her room with hand resting on the door. After offering pranam, as I raised my head, she exclaimed, “Poor child! How worn out he is; he hasn’t had anything to eat today. Give him something to eat.” I drew out the letter written by Mahapurush Maharaj from my pocket and was about to read it when Mother interrupted, “The letter can wait. Now, son, first wash yourself and then have something to eat.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 56-57)

Re: 27-February-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I am enjoying these stories. Yours, Rosemary

:) Life of Mother and her children is just wonderful....

Dear Satwik Ji,

Your postings on the Reminiscences of Holy Mother are most illuminating and appreciated by all the visitors
to Holy Mother's Courtyard.

Thank you so much.... This is all Mother's wish....