Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
01-March-2012 (Thursday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Swami Maheswaranandaji... Vaikunth Maharaj

01-March-2012 (Thursday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 17

I had taken with me homeopathic medicine which the doctor-sadhu, Vaikuntha Maharaj of Bankura, has sent for her utricaria.1 (1 A skin disorder in which itchy wheals are developed.) As soon as I gave it to her, she said, movingly, “Vaikuntha has sent medicine for me? Give it to me, son, give it to me. Vaikuntha’s medicine heals all ailments. See, how my whole body is affected; this acute suffering from utricaria does not let me remain in peace.” As she spoke, she uncovered her chest and back to show me the affected parts, and her suffering brought tears to my eyes. She put away the medicine, and with deep concern, sought news of Vaikuntha Maharaj and others. She chatted about so many matters!

Gradually evening shadows grew darker; lamps were lit in all the rooms. In Mother’s room too lamp was lit and incense was burned. I returned to the outer quarters.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 57-58)