Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
08-March-2012 (Thursday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

08-March-2012 (Thursday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 24

In this way the customary ‘three nights’ passed. On the fourth afternoon I approached Mother to offer pranam to her and take leave. As soon as I had done so, she touched my chin and kissed me. Like a child I knelt before her with folded hands and pleaded tearfully, “Mother, please remember me.” She too replied compassionately, “Yes, son, I shall remember you.” I repeated my prayers three times and each time she too answered, “Yes, son. I shall remember.” The thought that she would remember me filled my heart with such joy that words failed me. Touching her feet again, I retreated, stepping backward while still facing her, till I reached the main entrance. All this time Mother was gazing at me. With a last look at her I left the house and covered the distance of about three miles to the Koalpara Ashrama absorbed in the contemplation of Mother and her wistful face. I did not pray to Mother for devotion or salvation – it had not even occurred to me.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 63-64)