Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
09-March-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I forgot from which source I got this beautiful picture of Maa...but this is one of my most treasured collections, often meditating that I am that child in the picture on Maa's lap...

09-March-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 25

After all, gaining Mother is tantamount to gaining everything in life – her grace alone suffices for all else. Crushed by life’s oppressive circumstances, my vision obscured by the sordidness around me, I might chance to forget Mother, but if I have a place in Mother’s heart, then certainly I can never go astray. If Mother is mindful of me and lifts me on to her lap, if she sustains me there protecting me from the squalor of life, then alone can I be pure and beautiful. This thought was the source of my sole prayer to Mother – “Mother, please remember me.” Three times I uttered this sprayer and each time she had assured me, “Yes, son, I shall remember you.” Later I heard from her attendant, Barada Maharaj, that after my departure Mother had called him and said, “Just see, how that boy got me to repeat my promise three times!” whatever Mother spoke was truth, and nothing but the truth. Three times she had said that she would not forget me; it had the potency of a triple vow. This was my supreme achievement in life, the greatest boon received, the greatest assurance, strength, faith and solace.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 64)

Re: 09-March-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I got a similar potent boon from Ma, as and through Pujaniya Swami Bhuteshananda Ji, my Guru. Terrified I would forget Him, I beseeched him mentally again and again that I may not forget Him, that I may remember Him always, the day I had His darshan after my diksha in 1994 at Belur Math, and Bhuteshananda Ji wordlessly granted me my wish with the bara mudra. That boon is my eternal solace and gain, along with His blessings that I may be able to renounce.
Jai Ma, Jai Guru

I have put the photo on my desktop. Thank you, Satwik.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience, Ankur... May Maa bless continue to bless you as always...
Satwik

Thank you

Dear Satwik,

Once again thank you for sharing these wonderful experiences of this sweet, sweet Swami. The picture is very, very powerful and I am saving it also.

Thank you,
Rosemary

I am sure every child of Maa would love to have this picture :)